Page 27 of 109 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Quote Originally Posted by STEELCITYSLICKER View Post
    If a manual action firearm can collapse to be less than 26", it would be considered "restricted".

A manual action firearm with a fixed stock, can be less than 26" and still stay non-restricted.

And I am not sure how you arrived at your claim of needing a 16" barrel + a muzzle device to reach overall length requirements.....
    He said with a folding stock. 660mm is the measurement in the shortest configuration while still being able to fire. A folding stock does not stop this from being able to discharge a round.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    He said with a folding stock. 660mm is the measurement in the shortest configuration while still being able to fire. A folding stock does not stop this from being able to discharge a round.
    Fair enough. This entire conversation, I have been basing my comments on a collapsible stock - not folding. Admittedly I kept with that line of thinking, not seeing that he had started to reference a collapsible stock.

CGN frequent flyer
    The interesting question, though, is whether Canadian law allows counting a muzzle device toward your 26 inches. I understand US law would say it has to be pinned, but Canadian law has the prerogative of being different. Given that it's installed with tools and not regularly coming off it does seem to count as part of the rifle as currently configured.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The importer seems to have deleted the thread, but here is the relevant information from their new thread:

Barrel: 16" Melonite Barrel
    Stock: Folding Stock
    Stag Arms 3G Compensator (not pictured)

So, the importer is confident enough in their feedback from the CFS and their own interpretation of the law that they put the money and time in to replace the compensator instead of pinning the stock permanently open to exceed the OAL minimum.

Unless the law changes, the muzzle devices should count towards the OAL for Renegade builds. The MRA Rock Solid Muzzle Brake would add 2.5 inches / 63.5 mm (minus the part that threads over the barrel) to the OAL, for example.

If the Renegade with a collapsed stock, a 10.5 " barrel, and a Rock Solid Muzzle device is just under the correct OAL, is creating a longer version of the brake reasonably possible for MRA, perhaps by duplicating another cavity and support ring?
    Last edited by Ustauk; 07-27-2020 at 12:35 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELCITYSLICKER View Post
    There was talk earlier in the thread about OAL.

I have decided to go with a 10.5" Ballistic Advantage .300AAC barrel and a magpul MOE fixed carbine stock. I'd that is too short, a rifle stock will be used.

Those combined with the OAL length of the receiver of 7.7" should get me awful close to the 26".

That said, from what I have been told and what I have read, the 26" OAL only applies if that length is achieved by collapsable stock.

I have the exact same build going on,.... using a 10.5" barrel from Ballistic Advantage , 300 Blackout ( Saskatoon Gun works). with a muzzle break should put me in OAL 28.5"... should be fine.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rickspeed View Post
    I have the exact same build going on,.... using a 10.5" barrel from Ballistic Advantage , 300 Blackout ( Saskatoon Gun works). with a muzzle break should put me in OAL 28.5"... should be fine.
    Smart guy!! I had sourced my barrel from SGW as well. It was going to be for an AR build but.......yeah, stuff happened.

I'm not too confident in using a a muzzle brake to increase the OAL but will wait and see how the LOP feels with the fixed carbine stock. Im a bigger guy so I may end up going with the MOE rifle stock instead.

Either way, cant wait!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    How do I pre-order this?
    https://mapleridgearmoury.com/produc...e-builder-kit/

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    The importer seems to have deleted the thread, but here is the relevant information from their new thread:

Barrel: 16" Melonite Barrel
    Stock: Folding Stock
    Stag Arms 3G Compensator (not pictured)

So, the importer is confident enough in their feedback from the CFS and their own interpretation of the law that they put the money and time in to replace the compensator instead of pinning the stock permanently open to exceed the OAL minimum.

Unless the law changes, the muzzle devices should count towards the OAL for Renegade builds. The MRA Rock Solid Muzzle Brake would add 2.5 inches / 63.5 mm (minus the part that threads over the barrel) to the OAL, for example.

If the Renegade with a collapsed stock, a 10.5 " barrel, and a Rock Solid Muzzle device is just under the correct OAL, is creating a longer version of the brake reasonably possible for MRA, perhaps by duplicating another cavity and support ring?
    We will look into making longer muzzle devices for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We are providing a gas journal sleeve that will block the gas port.

Also, we are making Renegade barrels with a taper profile and no gas journal or gas port specific for straight pull rifles.
    I thought I read somewhere that you will be selling a .875 gas journal sleeves as well. If so, when will those be available?
    And I hope you guys are gonna be making some of those Renegade barrels in .450 Bushmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We will look into making longer muzzle devices for this.
    We may also need some MRA folding stock adapters lol
    Member of the CCFR - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ