Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal45 View Post
    We may also need some MRA folding stock adapters lol
    I thought because of the spring assist you couldn't use a folding stock adapter with the Renegade? Or can it run as pure manual action firearm with no spring, like the competing manual action fire arm design?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the LAW folder adapter will retain the spring when open, just not allowing the firearm to fire, and then can release the spring when the stock is closed and locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal45 View Post
    We may also need some MRA folding stock adapters lol
    YES please this would take care of all my concerns. I am actually trepidacious now understanding the involved break down just to access the BCG, what a PIA to take off the receiver extension every time you might want to check/clean your bolt/cam pin. So no to a fixed a stock? Please refresh my understanding, although there should be vids and pics of the breakdown, no buffer retaining pin right?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suchee View Post
    YES please this would take care of all my concerns. I am actually trepidacious now understanding the involved break down just to access the BCG, what a PIA to take off the receiver extension every time you might want to check/clean your bolt/cam pin. So no to a fixed a stock? Please refresh my understanding, although there should be vids and pics of the breakdown, no buffer retaining pin right?
    It's one of those things that involve fear and trepidation the first time, along with discovering that you don't want to lose a couple of wee springs and how to capture them, but if you'd had the tail off an AR a few times before then it's a relatively routine operation.

It looks as though my recently purchased MRA V1 handguard will lose its anti rotation feature on the renegade receiver. That’s unfortunate. Are there any plans to address this in the future?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suchee View Post
    It is honestly a 2 minute job at most to remove the stock and buffer tube....I wouldn't worry about it. Plenty of rifles out there that are far more involved.

I myself, plan on using a fixed stock for my build.

Good question about the retaining pin!

Curious what the work around is going to be for AR barrels because of the gas port what is going to be the best / easiest fix for that ?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Curious what the work around is going to be for AR barrels because of the gas port what is going to be the best / easiest fix for that ?
    From post #1

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Included Components:
    (1) MRA Renegade Receiver
    (1) MRA Renegade Bottom Metal
    (1) MRA Renegade Bolt Carrier (requires bolt, firing pin, camp in, and retaining pin)
    (1) MRA Renegade Cylinder Charging Handle
    (1) MRA Renegade End Plate
    (1) MRA Rebegade Barrel Gas Journal Seal .750" diameter (allows the use of various aftermarket barrels with a gas port)

CGN frequent flyer
    This has been addressed several times. MRA is supplying a sleeve to cover the port. Also, you could remove your gas block and put it back on the other way.
    For the front sight block style, cut the gas tube and turn it over and then reinstall it so that the hole in the barrel is covered.
    There are a few other possibilities, but I think you get the idea.

This has been addresses in earlier posts in this thread.

If I recall correctly, MRA is looking at the possibility of a sleeve to block the barrel gas port for those who don't want an A2 front sight. Those of us who like the look of the A2 front sight and have current hand guards, they are suggesting the gas tube be removed from the gas block, cut it down to a few inches, rotate it 180 degrees so the port in the gas block is covered by the gas tube and reinsert it. More details to come I am sure.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramnon View Post
    It looks as though my recently purchased MRA V1 handguard will lose its anti rotation feature on the renegade receiver. That’s unfortunate. Are there any plans to address this in the future?
    What the hell is wrong with people, all you have to do is read the very first post