Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515253545556575859606162636575 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Looking very nice, can't wait to see sale of separate upper receivers.
    With the Renegade the upper is the receiver and the lower is just "bottom metal" so legally each Renegade upper is a separate firearm but at least it's NR. Probably no benefit from buying an upper-only unless you have an expensive trigger group you want to share between rifles.

Totally different dynamic from an AR where there was so much legal restricted hoopla around a lower receiver that it made sense to build an extra upper and swap around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Is the serial number on the upper only?

Quote Originally Posted by mt84 View Post
    She's Here.... Lulu-belle the Renegade.

Very Nice.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...64102202670253

But the the Renegade torque bar that I ordered was not in the Box.... Well the build will have to wait.

Well done, Maple Ridge Armoury....
    Did Facebook remove your post?
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Facebook - Not yet...

Serial number is on the Upper Receiver on mine.
    mt84
    RSM (Retired Service Member)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mt84 View Post
    She's Here.... Lulu-belle the Renegade.

Very Nice.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...64102202670253

But the the Renegade torque bar that I ordered was not in the Box.... Well the build will have to wait.

Well done, Maple Ridge Armoury....
    Your link does not work

Range day today with the new build with a 16” ARPerformance.com 7.62x39 and super bolt. Pretty decent 50 yard group with Barnaul metal case. It did bring a tear to my eye because of where we have gone with the Modern Sporting Rifles.

Last edited by Sqr; 09-27-2020 at 08:08 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

^ Damn Sqr, looking good, and shooting too. ^ I can only imagine what some better ammo would do at 100.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Range day today with the new build with a 16” ARPerformance.com 7.62x39 and super bolt. Pretty decent 50 yard group with Barnaul metal case. It did bring a tear to my eye because of where we have gone with the Modern Sporting Rifles.

Absolutely beautiful, well done! Did you use the reaction rod to assemble it or another tool/method?
    Last edited by SparkOfLight; 09-28-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkOfLight View Post
    Absolutely beautiful, well done! Did you use the reaction rod to assemble it or another tool/method?
    I used a home made hardwood jig that pinches the top and bottom flat surfaces and not a RR. It is recommended not to over tighten the vise.

Observations:

1. I found a little looseness between the receiver and “lower metal”.
    2. I did not loctite the charging handle which did not loosen after a few hundred rounds.(be careful not to lose the two solid dowel pins.
    3. The rifle does have more felt recoil then a DI rifle. (In the 7.62x39)
    4. The gas port clamp is much smaller then any gas block. Good addition to the set.
    5. The break down pins are tight on the detent’s. I’m switching to stainless steel detents for wear.
    6. Lots of oil or small amounts of grease (manual suggestion)is necessary.
    7. No dirt in the receiver from the cartridge so cleaning will be far less frequent.
    8. The charging handle makes contact with the reciprocating opening and will remove the finish.
    9. The receiver is dimensionally thicker then forged AR sets so some handguard timing tabs will not allow a fit unless you are up to minor hand-guard modifications. This MI locking nut tab needed the two wings removed with a dremel tool. I was going to use a Diamondhead but the tabs are on the hanguard itself and I did not want to alter such a nice piece.

Suggestions:

1. use a silent capture spring instead of buffer and spring if you want to avoid the annoying assembly and dissembling. I purchased the Armaspec.
    2. Quick or easy pull pins will get in the way of an Ambi safety.
    3. A2 stocks appear to have clearance issues with the retaining ring. The Renegade has a proprietary locking ring and the “lower metal” has a QD mount machined in the bottom of the castle nut, ring and buffer area.
    4. No limp wrist cycling or you will get into FTF and FTE situations.
    5. Slim line and not quick detached scope mounts are recommended so you do not skin your knuckles during cycling (check #4)

Last edited by Sqr; 09-28-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We expect to start prototyping the 308 in 3 weeks and go into production in November if everything works out well.
    Woo hoo! Just saw this