Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535455565758596061626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I must say this has to be one of the finest firearms products I have ever received (the early Colt Python remains a work of art). The attention to detail in the packaging, the receiver itself, the parts (damn a gas port clamp included) and a fine Manual is outstanding. This Canadian company should be proud.

A big thumbs up.

Thanks to Bullseye North

Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud of our work and we hope you thoroughly enjoy your Renegade.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Looking very nice, can't wait to see sale of separate upper receivers.
    Soon and the stripped Receivers will be under $300.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Since the upper is 80% of the rifle which holds the buffer and buttstock I don’t think it will have the savings benefit of other designs.
    They will be under $300

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    They will be under $300
    Nice! At that price I can see myself purchasing another upper.

CGN frequent flyer
    Soon and the stripped Receivers will be under $300.
    That would presumably be without the bolt carrier, so not quite as easy as swapping uppers on an AR, but on the other hand field-stripping a Renegade for cleaning will have it apart that far and the conscientious owner is going to get used to that procedure. The main benefit would be having a different barrel, handguard, and optic. Since the buffer/stock comes off you could even share that between builds, or at least if you want a different one to go with the other optic it's "easier" than changing stocks on an AR!

On another note, I'm wondering about PRS with a Renegade. The bolt doesn't stay open on its own as you change positions, so the rulebook's assumption about bolt actions doesn't work. Are we going to have to yell "Safety!" like the semiauto guys?

We are shipping another 50 tomorrow and then 100 more next week.
    How far into the first pre-order will that take you?

I assume bolt carriers will be sold separately as well. Any idea on what those will cost?

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    That would presumably be without the bolt carrier, so not quite as easy as swapping uppers on an AR, but on the other hand field-stripping a Renegade for cleaning will have it apart that far and the conscientious owner is going to get used to that procedure. The main benefit would be having a different barrel, handguard, and optic. Since the buffer/stock comes off you could even share that between builds, or at least if you want a different one to go with the other optic it's "easier" than changing stocks on an AR!

On another note, I'm wondering about PRS with a Renegade. The bolt doesn't stay open on its own as you change positions, so the rulebook's assumption about bolt actions doesn't work. Are we going to have to yell "Safety!" like the semiauto guys?

This is a shortcoming of the current generation. Even at the range a safety flag is one thing to be carried.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    Hi everyone. So i am putting my renegade together and have some questions. I dont have the barrel yet, and when everything else is assembled and im trying to cycle the action, buffer comes out from the tube and gets jammed when i try to pull the bolt back..
    I noticed there is no buffer retaining pin to hold it inside the tube, is that because once the barrel is in place BCG should hold the buffer at bay?
    Or am i missing something.. I am using Odin Works CQS stock with shorter buffer and shorter tube with "flat" spring..
    Also, my kit didn't come with the tension set screw, what size is it? i will try to find it elsewhere..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    Hi everyone. So i am putting my renegade together and have some questions. I dont have the barrel yet, and when everything else is assembled and im trying to cycle the action, buffer comes out from the tube and gets jammed when i try to pull the bolt back..
    I noticed there is no buffer retaining pin to hold it inside the tube, is that because once the barrel is in place BCG should hold the buffer at bay?
    Or am i missing something.. I am using Odin Works CQS stock with shorter buffer and shorter tube with "flat" spring..
    Also, my kit didn't come with the tension set screw, what size is it? i will try to find it elsewhere..

Once the barrel is in, it should be fine.

Think of the buffer and spring as a "bolt assist". Without the barrel there, there is nothing to stop the carrier from being pushed through the receiver.

Build looks good!