Page 42 of 109 FirstFirst ... 223234353637383940414243444546474849505262 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    On the other hand, that implies that the Maple Ridge rod should work on a normal AR too, if we get those "back", and not just on the Renegade receiver.
    We make Barrel Torque Rods for the Renegade, AR-15 and AR-10. The Renegade rod might wobble a bit on the inside off an AR-15 but the point that engages the barrel extension lugs will fit snug so in theory it could work for both platforms.

Would the .308 version have the little pocket in the receiver for the usual AR15 locking plate? I recently got a rifle stock I'd like to fit to an MRA .308 Renegade, but it has the little bump to keep the stock from rotating since it mounts on an AR15 rifle buffer tube rather than a carbine buffer tube.

Also I just noticed that the LAW tactical folding stock adapter also has a raised bump to lock into a normal AR lower. I may want to use one of these on a standard MRA renegade as well. The pocket might be more useful than I had previously anticipated.

CGN Regular
    when will uppers be available to buy just by themselves, to build a 2nd complete upper.....i want to build a 5.56 and a .300 aac out of parts from my current AR's
    machinist, we do precision quess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge
    CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, CPC

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069 View Post
    when will uppers be available to buy just by themselves, to build a 2nd complete upper.....i want to build a 5.56 and a .300 aac out of parts from my current AR's
    Yep, I’ve got another upper, a 12.5 Grendel barrel, and a reaction rod on my wishlist too.

Love the signature, by the way

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Konaei View Post
    Would the .308 version have the little pocket in the receiver for the usual AR15 locking plate? I recently got a rifle stock I'd like to fit to an MRA .308 Renegade, but it has the little bump to keep the stock from rotating since it mounts on an AR15 rifle buffer tube rather than a carbine buffer tube.

Also I just noticed that the LAW tactical folding stock adapter also has a raised bump to lock into a normal AR lower. I may want to use one of these on a standard MRA renegade as well. The pocket might be more useful than I had previously anticipated.
    There's still the chance to be the first person in history to take a Dremel to a Renegade receiver.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Konaei View Post

We considered this.

The AR-15 end plate will pin the Receiver to the Bottom Metal unless we make a relief cut in the bottom metal in which case the plate is not fully supported.

Also, using an AR-15 end plate would require a part we cannot make domestically without a significant investment in a stamping press die. We are not willing to make this investment so we must rely on import.

Presently, the future of importing firearm parts is tenuous for a variety of reasons. We need to ensure we have a sustainable supply chain for all products we choose to produce.

We will be making an adapter to fit A2 butt stocks and similar full length butt stocks stocks to our line of straight pull receivers. These will be optional for our receiver kits and offered on select models of complete barreled receivers and complete rifles.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069 View Post
    I am working on the BOMs for Complete Rifles, Complete Barreled Actions, and Complete Receivers including the Receiver, Bolt Carrier, Take Down and Pivot Pins, and Extraction Assist Spring. Expect to see them next week on back-order and in stock by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We considered this.

The AR-15 end plate will pin the Receiver to the Bottom Metal unless we make a relief cut in the bottom metal in which case the plate is not fully supported.

Also, using an AR-15 end plate would require a part we cannot make domestically without a significant investment in a stamping press die. We are not willing to make this investment so we must rely on import.

Presently, the future of importing firearm parts is tenuous for a variety of reasons. We need to ensure we have a sustainable supply chain for all products we choose to produce.

We will be making an adapter to fit A2 butt stocks and similar full length butt stocks stocks to our line of straight pull receivers. These will be optional for our receiver kits and offered on select models of complete barreled receivers and complete rifles.

Sigh … Well this is an unexpected development …So to clarify…

Use of A2 style fixed stocks like the magpul PRS & Carbine stocks like the UBR will require a special adapter plate over and above the $800 + price tag??

If so when will that be available?

Regards

AbH

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Sigh … Well this is an unexpected development …So to clarify…

Use of A2 style fixed stocks like the magpul PRS & Carbine stocks like the UBR will require a special adapter plate over and above the $800 + price tag??

If so when will that be available?

Regards

AbH
    This irks me. A lot.

Had I known this (if it is true) I would have gone another route entirely. My build is based off of using an A2 stock. Everything from barrel length choice to stock, was based on using an a2 stock.

I dont recall reading anything about this prior....
    Last edited by STEELCITYSLICKER; 09-04-2020 at 08:50 AM.

In that case, will a Battle Arms Development Sabertube work with the receiver without modification to either components?
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna