Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 364648495051525354555657585960616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I used a home made hardwood jig that pinches the top and bottom flat surfaces and not a RR. It is recommended not to over tighten the vise.

Observations:

1. I found a little looseness between the receiver and “lower metal”.
    2. I did not loctite the charging handle which did not loosen after a few hundred rounds.(be careful not to lose the two solid dowel pins.
    3. The rifle does have more felt recoil then a DI rifle. (In the 7.62x39)
    4. The gas port clamp is much smaller then any gas block. Good addition to the set.
    5. The break down pins are tight on the detent’s. I’m switching to stainless steel detents for wear.
    6. Lots of oil or small amounts of grease (manual suggestion)is necessary.
    7. No dirt in the receiver from the cartridge so cleaning will be far less frequent.
    8. The charging handle makes contact with the reciprocating opening and will remove the finish.
    9. The receiver is dimensionally thicker then forged AR sets so some handguard timing tabs will not allow a fit unless you are up to minor hand-guard modifications. This MI locking nut tab needed the two wings removed with a dremel tool. I was going to use a Diamondhead but the tabs are on the hanguard itself and I did not want to alter such a nice piece.

Suggestions:

1. use a silent capture spring instead of buffer and spring if you want to avoid the annoying assembly and dissembling. I purchased the Armaspec.
    2. Quick or easy pull pins will get in the way of an Ambi safety.
    3. A2 stocks appear to have clearance issues with the retaining ring. The Renegade has a proprietary locking ring and the “lower metal” has a QD mount machined in the bottom of the castle nut, ring and buffer area.
    4. No limp wrist cycling or you will get into FTF and FTE situations.
    5. Slim line and not quick detached scope mounts are recommended so you do not skin your knuckles during cycling (check #4)
    Before you buy new take down pins, the MPA pins are larger than the regular take down pins, I bought an enhanced set of pins and they wobble in the receiver holes

Suggestions:
    5. Slim line and not quick detached scope mounts are recommended so you do not skin your knuckles during cycling (check #4)
    I wonder if a canted down charging handle would be of benefit, say 30 degrees? Kind of like the charging handle in the video in post #513.

Suggestions:

1. use a silent capture spring instead of buffer and spring if you want to avoid the annoying assembly and dissembling. I purchased the Armaspec.
    Thanks for the reminder on this, the idea was vaguely floating around in the aether but once I saw you mention it, I put actual thought into it and decided that assembly/reassembly could be VERY annoying with just a standard buffer+spring. So I took your advice and ordered a captured buffer.

Now to debate dropping even more on a decent trigger...before all my parts+receiver show up in the next few days!

Quote Originally Posted by MACH View Post
    Thanks for the reminder on this, the idea was vaguely floating around in the aether but once I saw you mention it, I put actual thought into it and decided that assembly/reassembly could be VERY annoying with just a standard buffer+spring. So I took your advice and ordered a captured buffer.

Now to debate dropping even more on a decent trigger...before all my parts+receiver show up in the next few days!
    I installed a CMMG trigger and may change it out to a Hyperfire Duty trigger. I feel the added benefits of a fast Trigger is lost with the pull back bolt so a good smooth break model is enough.
    CCFR — CSSA

So if your willing to cut up your BEV Block a little, it will work. For those who wanted to know. You need to thin the side very little and cut the front down.

Last edited by burtass; 09-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burtass View Post
    So if your willing to cut up your BEV Block a little, it will work. For those who wanted to know. You need to thin the side very little and cut the front down.
    Do you think a dremel would be adequate for this, or is chainsaw the preferred WMD?
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Do you think a dremel would be adequate for this, or is chainsaw the preferred WMD?
    I say just put it at 100 yards and take shots at it until you get the same results.

I used a oscillating saw, it’s what I had.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burtass View Post
    I say just put it at 100 yards and take shots at it until you get the same results.

I used a oscillating saw, it’s what I had.
    If they don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy! Roll with what you got. Looks like in the end, it achieved the desired results, regardless of aesthetic issues.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

How’s the shipping coming?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    How’s the shipping coming?
    We are shipping another 50 tomorrow and then 100 more next week.