Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis264 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people, all you have to do is read the very first post
    I have read the first post, and every one after it. Multiple times in fact. I dont recall seeing the anti rotation feature of their V1 handguard addressed anywhere. If I've missed it, I apologize, and please point it out.

Incase you misunderstood my question...I was referring to how anti rotation works on the V1 handguard. From what I understand, it requires a gas tube to keep the hand guard from rotating. Since the renegade obviously has no gas tube, this feature will no longer function. I was curious weather or not MRA will be creating a new handguard with an anti rotation feature that works on the renegade receiver. I hope this clears things up for you. But again, feel free to point out where this is mentioned in the first post.
    Last edited by Ramnon; 07-29-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramnon View Post
    It looks as though my recently purchased MRA V1 handguard will lose its anti rotation feature on the renegade receiver. That’s unfortunate. Are there any plans to address this in the future?
    Yes we lose the anti rotation feature due to no gas tube. We have several hundred rounds through our shop gun and the handguard is not rotating. The anti rotation feature on the V1 was added insurance, the two bolts that engage the barrel extension are the primary anti rotation.

I even just now picked up the shop gun and tried with all my strength to rotate it and it is not moving at all.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suchee View Post
    YES please this would take care of all my concerns. I am actually trepidacious now understanding the involved break down just to access the BCG, what a PIA to take off the receiver extension every time you might want to check/clean your bolt/cam pin. So no to a fixed a stock? Please refresh my understanding, although there should be vids and pics of the breakdown, no buffer retaining pin right?
    It is not that difficult to remove the buffer for a detailed cleaning. You most likely won't be doing a detailed strip in the filed in any case.

As others have mentioned, the rifle runs very clean since there is no gas entering the system. You will not have to clean in the field. You can hold the bolt open and drop a bore snake to clean the barrel if needed.

Now, we are working on a ratcheting castle nut and end plate that will allow for take down by hand for those of you who want to detail strip in the field. We hope to have this available by the Fall.

Business Member
    Here is an initial impressions video from The Hoser Gun Guy.

https://youtu.be/TLc55tRTxt8
    Last edited by Maple Ridge Armourer; 07-30-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Yes we lose the anti rotation feature due to no gas tube. We have several hundred rounds through our shop gun and the handguard is not rotating. The anti rotation feature on the V1 was added insurance, the two bolts that engage the barrel extension are the primary anti rotation.

I even just now picked up the shop gun and tried with all my strength to rotate it and it is not moving at all.
    Happy to hear that! I love my V1 handguard, so its good to know there should be no issues with rotation on the renegade.

Now, we are working on a ratcheting castle nut and end plate that will allow for take down by hand for those of you who want to detail strip in the field. We hope to have this available by the Fall.
    Count me in for one of those. I'm not too worried about having to remove the buffer for cleaning, but having the ability to easily take it down by hand would awesome.

CGN frequent flyer

Almost wondering if we'll see people putting a V1 upside-down on a Renegade to use that bit of Pic rail for a bipod. Stranger things have happened.

https://youtu.be/TLc55tRTxt8
    Hey he mentions in his comments about a pump action on the horizon ? Proprietary lower for 20 or 30 rounds ?

Yes please! That would sell by the thousands even if the OIC is scrapped a pump action 20 or 30 round bush gun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar

Just curious, I noticed there are three holes in the bolt carrier where the charging handle is mounted.

I am assuming the centre one is threaded and the outside sockets are keys that receive the charging handle dimples to prevent twisting as it seems the charging handle slides in the charging groove on the upper receiver? If not care to enlighten me?

*Caveat, sorry for what is likely the wrong terminology.

So a particular competitor that is also putting out a straight pull rifle has put up a step by step build guide for their rifle on their website. Would you consider doing something similar. I think it would be very helpful for people that have never built a rifle before.