Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Just noticed that another manufacturer producing a similar rifle has a 3D printable vice block available on Thingiverse.com
    It would be amazing if we could get something like that from MRA. It’ll save me the hassle of having to wait for the receiver and design it myself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by transumer View Post
    Did the design get RCMP approval? You know if it looks like an AR it’s only for bad peoplekind.
    who cares...... it meets the legal criteria for non restricted by all standards.

anxiously waiting for news on the large frame version

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    It is not that difficult to remove the buffer for a detailed cleaning. You most likely won't be doing a detailed strip in the filed in any case.

As others have mentioned, the rifle runs very clean since there is no gas entering the system. You will not have to clean in the field. You can hold the bolt open and drop a bore snake to clean the barrel if needed.

Now, we are working on a ratcheting castle nut and end plate that will allow for take down by hand for those of you who want to detail strip in the field. We hope to have this available by the Fall.
    Glad to see MRA working on a ratcheting castle nut and end plate, there are a few options like that available, but MRA certainly makes nice stuff, looking forward to your take on it, since a ratcheting solution seems like the perfect application for this firearm.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnill1 View Post
    So a particular competitor that is also putting out a straight pull rifle has put up a step by step build guide for their rifle on their website. Would you consider doing something similar. I think it would be very helpful for people that have never built a rifle before.
    +1 This would be helpful, especially since it is a little different from an AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    Then buy yourself a Troy PAR and move on. The charging handle can be put on either side.
    I've had one for several years, that's why I think this looks slow.
    Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. - Frederick Douglass

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    Just curious, I noticed there are three holes in the bolt carrier where the charging handle is mounted.

I am assuming the centre one is threaded and the outside sockets are keys that receive the charging handle dimples to prevent twisting as it seems the charging handle slides in the charging groove on the upper receiver? If not care to enlighten me?

*Caveat, sorry for what is likely the wrong terminology.
    The center hole receives the mounting bolt. The two outside holes receive dowel pins to relieve pressure on the primary bolt when the action is racked and to prevent rotation of the charging handle.

The charging handle moves along the clearance channel in the receiver but there is clearance so that the charging handle does not shear against the receiver.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnill1 View Post
    So a particular competitor that is also putting out a straight pull rifle has put up a step by step build guide for their rifle on their website. Would you consider doing something similar. I think it would be very helpful for people that have never built a rifle before.
    We will provide a professionally developed owners manual with assembly, cleaning, and maintenance instructions, and FAQ and other information with each Renegade rifle and receiver kit.

We will also have a PDF available for download from the product page on our website when the first batch ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    The center hole receives the mounting bolt. The two outside holes receive dowel pins to relieve pressure on the primary bolt when the action is racked and to prevent rotation of the charging handle.

The charging handle moves along the clearance channel in the receiver but there is clearance so that the charging handle does not shear against the receiver.
    Perfect, the measure of quality you folks bring to your design is impressive, a step up from the other offering. Thanks for the follow up.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark222 View Post
    The reciever set looks nicely made, but quite slow and clunky to operate compared to a pump action, especially when the charging handle is on the left for a right handed shooter.
    The Renegade is nowhere near as fast as a semi-automatic or pump action rifle, the operator can cycle it as quickly as a classic bolt action rifle.

This Renegade is a modular, precision, bolt action rifle. It is designed to be a customization, accurate, reliable, ergonomic firearm suited for farmers, hunters, and precision sport shooters.

The charging handle can be mounted on both the left and right hand side and we will release other types of charging handles in the near future.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by transumer View Post
    Did the design get RCMP approval? You know if it looks like an AR it’s only for bad peoplekind.
    We will let everyone know the moment we have the FRT number if this is what you are asking for but we are not required to secure the FRT number before selling a domestically produced firearm.

We have sought out professional legal advice to ensure our design meets the legislated standard for non-restricted classification and we are certain the RCMP will be of the same opinion.