Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536373839404252 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    I guess the .308 isn't going to make it out before fall
    Nobody said that.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramnon View Post
    Just noticed that another manufacturer producing a similar rifle has a 3D printable vice block available on Thingiverse.com
    It would be amazing if we could get something like that from MRA. It’ll save me the hassle of having to wait for the receiver and design it myself.
    We do not recommend the use of a receiver vice block. We will have barrel torque rods available when the first batch of Renegades is completed.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We do not recommend the use of a receiver vice block. We will have barrel torque rods available when the first batch of Renegades is completed.
    I am super impressed with your company, thanks for bring out a quality product like this. I was going to buy the Troy straight pull rifle, until you came out with this and I will buy your .308 version when you release it. I owned a Troy PAR before and could not wait to sell it, and the only reason I was looking at another Troy is because of the spring assist. Now if you could develop a rifle like my CMMG Anvil in .458 Socom which was designed from the AR-10 but developed as an AR-15, because of the .458 round I would buy another one of those as well. If you ever wanted to see one I would send you out my Anvil so you could do some R and D. Since I can't shoot it anyway
    Last edited by Curtis264; 08-02-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We will provide a professionally developed owners manual with assembly, cleaning, and maintenance instructions, and FAQ and other information with each Renegade rifle and receiver kit.

We will also have a PDF available for download from the product page on our website when the first batch ships.

That is great! Thank you very much for the reply. I look forward to building my rifle in August/September.

CGN Regular
    Interested, if I missed it. Weight of upper lower? Projected weight of large frame upper, lower?
    Thoughts of reliability filled with slush or dirt while hunting?
    Ultralight backpack build would be goal,,

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    Interested, if I missed it. Weight of upper lower? Projected weight of large frame upper, lower?
    Thoughts of reliability filled with slush or dirt while hunting?
    Ultralight backpack build would be goal,,
    We have confirmed reliable operation with a 300BLK barrel fitted.

A Renegade in 300BLK with 12.5" barrel would be 5.5lbs and 27" OAL. This would be an ideal backpacking rifle.

We will post more specs on Tuesday including weights of individual components.

We have not run any tests with slush or dirt. I expect the rifle will operate better without slush or dirt in it.

Where’s the video?

Video: https://youtu.be/TLc55tRTxt8

I want to first say that I’m a fan of MRA. But after watching the video I can’t understand why I would want a Frankenstein bolt gun that looks like an AR. It does not do anything my bolt gun can’t and it’s $800 without barrel, bolt and trigger. Based on looks alone it will prob get Prohib. just like some shotguns that were added later. Plinking I would still choose a N/R semi and hunting isn’t an option with this with 12” barrel with the anemic 223. Although it looks nice I see no advantage over a good bolt gun. Maple Ridge I beg you build a bolt gun! I know it would be fantastic We love your work.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post

I want to first say that I’m a fan of MRA. But after watching the video I can’t understand why I would want a Frankenstein bolt gun that looks like an AR. It does not do anything my bolt gun can’t and it’s $800 without barrel, bolt and trigger. Based on looks alone it will prob get Prohib. just like some shotguns that were added later. Plinking I would still choose a N/R semi and hunting isn’t an option with this with 12” barrel with the anemic 223. Although it looks nice I see no advantage over a good bolt gun. Maple Ridge I beg you build a bolt gun! I know it would be fantastic We love your work.
    I think you missed the point. Owners of AR-15 rifles cannot use those guns. MRA is providing a way to use most of those parts in a new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post

Custom R700 platform receivers are like 1000 bucks minimum unless you're looking at a standard Remington barreled action. And the barrel, chassis, and muzzle device are all separate just like this. Some of these receivers don't even come with a top rail. This is a platform that adapts readily available barrels from .22 LR (if the bolt works) all the way up to 7.62x39, along with readily available magazines, triggers and safeties that also offers a bolt assist, and picatinny top rail built in. I don't know why you're looking at this as an AR-15 when it's designed as a bolt action rifle from the beginning. It's also able to be assembled at home with minimal tools compared to having to use a gunsmith to properly assemble your custom bolt gun setup. It's better than a standard bolt gun because it's also straight-pull.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna