Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnill1 View Post
    Man this looks so cool and yet so ####ing dumb at the same time. Though, what do they say, opinions are like #######s.
    To give practical application, if someone is literally on their tractor, and the coyotes are so bold their hanging around when the tractor's roaring buy, this would come in handy, especially in supersonic .300 Blackout or 7.62x39. Or if you're quadding around the back country, could you hip fire this riding the charging handle as an alternative to a shotgun for bear defense?

Yah that makes sense to me. Though I'm not sure about the value of an SBR .22LR in that context.

I just wanted to thank MRA for making this. I'm super excited to get mine and get back to the range as soon as I can. I will also get a short action one as soon as that's available, hopefully with DPMS height rails and matching thread pitch to my handguards for a .308 build. I like the ideas about the double sided charging handle since I can see that being more effective if there's a hard extraction.

I was also thinking, (though it would take a bit of re-engineering) that a reverse-assist might work well if hard extractions are an issue. I don't think most brass will be an issue for .308 or 6.5CM, but steel might be. And there is some 7.62 surplus ammo out there that I've had hard extractions with in the past. In the long run, assuming no reversal of OIC, guns like the renegade are likely to be about as much fun as its possible to have, but I don't think we'll be feeding them like we do most ARs or 858s or M305s. We'll probably use better ammo and try to improve precision since each shot will count more. That being said, there's a ton of old surplus ammo that everyone's already stockpiled that we'll want to shoot. Gotta be able to do so without jamming. I'm looking forward to doing some experimenting myself!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnill1 View Post
    Yah that makes sense to me. Though I'm not sure about the value of an SBR .22LR in that context.
    To quote Redditor PTESoupSandwich from another post he did on the firearm:
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor PTESoupSandwich
    Ironically enough, I originally did this build because my physical disabilities can get in the way. Who knew the Army was so hard on the body? Haha.

The smaller, lighter, more compact the rifle ..the better for me. Easier to use and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    Anyone thought about using this for a 6mm Arc build?
    I wasn’t aware of this round till you posted this...now I’ve gotta decide between this and 6.5 Grendel for my second upper. What is ammo availability like for 6mm ARC?

Quote Originally Posted by Konaei View Post
    I just wanted to thank MRA for making this. I'm super excited to get mine and get back to the range as soon as I can. I will also get a short action one as soon as that's available, hopefully with DPMS height rails and matching thread pitch to my handguards for a .308 build. I like the ideas about the double sided charging handle since I can see that being more effective if there's a hard extraction.

I was also thinking, (though it would take a bit of re-engineering) that a reverse-assist might work well if hard extractions are an issue. I don't think most brass will be an issue for .308 or 6.5CM, but steel might be. And there is some 7.62 surplus ammo out there that I've had hard extractions with in the past. In the long run, assuming no reversal of OIC, guns like the renegade are likely to be about as much fun as its possible to have, but I don't think we'll be feeding them like we do most ARs or 858s or M305s. We'll probably use better ammo and try to improve precision since each shot will count more. That being said, there's a ton of old surplus ammo that everyone's already stockpiled that we'll want to shoot. Gotta be able to do so without jamming. I'm looking forward to doing some experimenting myself!
    "Reverse-assist" that's an interesting concept. A simple reversing of a forward assist would apply less force than the bolt handle because it pushes at an angle and vectors some of the force away. Maybe some kind of mechanical advantage could be worked into the design?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    To quote Redditor PTESoupSandwich from another post he did on the firearm:
    Cool! Well all the power to him then! I wonder if he will do a follow up regarding accuracy it would be interesting to see the types of groups you can get with an 8 inch bull barrel/fps you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We have reamers on order.
    OMG!! Awesome!
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramnon View Post
    I wasn’t aware of this round till you posted this...now I’ve gotta decide between this and 6.5 Grendel for my second upper. What is ammo availability like for 6mm ARC?
    Pretty much nil for the time being, with the USA taking all the crazy. Just got released this year, and it looks fantastic. If you can push 2675 or 2700fps with a 18-20" barrel, watch out PRS circuit.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisco View Post
    Excitement building

MRA Are these still on track for end of August?

Shoot straight - chrisco
    We had a slight delay so right now we will be shipping half at the end of August and the second half a week or two later. We are working on resolving this right now to make a 100% delivery by the end of August.