Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    This is a platform that adapts readily available barrels from .22 LR (if the bolt works) all the way up to 7.62x39
    Works all the way up to .450 Bushmaster I believe
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post
    Video: https://youtu.be/TLc55tRTxt8

I want to first say that I’m a fan of MRA. But after watching the video I can’t understand why I would want a Frankenstein bolt gun that looks like an AR. It does not do anything my bolt gun can’t and it’s $800 without barrel, bolt and trigger. Based on looks alone it will prob get Prohib. just like some shotguns that were added later. Plinking I would still choose a N/R semi and hunting isn’t an option with this with 12” barrel with the anemic 223. Although it looks nice I see no advantage over a good bolt gun. Maple Ridge I beg you build a bolt gun! I know it would be fantastic We love your work.
    I’ll be hunting with my .450 bushmaster Renegade this fall...so I would say it is very much an option. And coming in hopefully under 6 lbs, it should be a fair bit lighter than any of my bolt guns. Combine that with the fact that I can make use of my AR15 parts, and I can’t understand why some don’t see the point of this rifle.

And as for getting prohibited. It’s a not a semi auto, and it cannot be converted to one. If this gets prohibited, we’re all effed and we can say goodbye to our bolt guns too.
    Last edited by Ramnon; 08-04-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We are providing a gas journal sleeve that will block the gas port.

Also, we are making Renegade barrels with a taper profile and no gas journal or gas port specific for straight pull rifles.
    Will these be available at the same time as the receivers?

Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post
    Video: https://youtu.be/TLc55tRTxt8

I want to first say that I’m a fan of MRA. But after watching the video I can’t understand why I would want a Frankenstein bolt gun that looks like an AR. It does not do anything my bolt gun can’t and it’s $800 without barrel, bolt and trigger. Based on looks alone it will prob get Prohib. just like some shotguns that were added later. Plinking I would still choose a N/R semi and hunting isn’t an option with this with 12” barrel with the anemic 223. Although it looks nice I see no advantage over a good bolt gun. Maple Ridge I beg you build a bolt gun! I know it would be fantastic We love your work.
    Respectfully I must strongly disagree with you sir!!

There are many of us that do not want to wait for/or retain the services of a gunsmith or machinist and prefer to be able to assemble and work on these rifles ourselves.

I am very familiar with the AR style of platform and have all the hand tools and vice blocks to work on it myself.

If I have to purchase additional tools, that is a small price to pay for the convenience and independence it affords me!!

This is a modular platform and customization along with caliber and barrel length changes are easy and only take a few moments to do.

Heck, as there is no requirement for gas port/gas tube/BCG alignment the changes should take even less time!!

Further this receiver set is large enough to support cartridges like the 224 Valkyrie that will get you shooting out to 1,000 M as long as you do your part!!

However there are plans for the Large Frame version, and I am very much looking forward to those as well!!

The magazine system has had over 5 decades of testing, is proven, reliable with the mags themselves being inexpensive and plentiful!! All an important consideration.

Another thing to consider is as a Left handed shooter I have always wanted a bolt style gun that was Left hand bolt, right hand ejection port. A configuration that will cost several thousand dollars in a bolt action, and this one is straight pull with a forward assist spring for a little over $800 complete cost!!

As for parts, I have lots due to many of my favorite rifles and carbines becoming prohibited!! However the finical hit has been softened by the ability to make parts from those prohibited rifles useful.

And lets face it, a short barreled None-Restricted Carbine is just straight out cool AND desirable.

As for characterization of said rifles using the word "Frankenstein" and by innuendo indicating that such a rifle is made of mis-matched parts I must strongly disagree with you.

I carefully choose all my parts for both form, function and fit. Feel free to talk to anyone that has shot one of my rifles or carbines to confirm this!!

So in closing, just because you don't seem to see the "Need for this" doesn't mean there isn't !! I for one am very much looking forward to using this set to build a None-Restricted 224 Valkyrie Marksman rifle!!

With respect

AbH

We will post more specs on Tuesday including weights of individual components.
    Friendly bump, curious about those component weights and if any function testing has been done with 7.62x39 barrels?

***PRE-ORDER ONLY***

Estimated Delivery of First batch 31 AUG 2020. (full)

Estimated delivery of Second batch 30 SEP 2020

The MRA Renegade Receiver Set is a novel, spring assisted, straight pull, magazine fed firearm design.# It is composed of a proprietary Receiver, Bottom Metal, and proprietary bolt carrier with integrated, swap-able left or right hand charging handle.# This receiver kit is compatible with a wide variety of commonly available firearm parts and accessories.# In this way, the user can build a rifle to meet their specific utility and budget.

This receiver set is designed and intended to not be capable of discharging ammunition in a semi-automatic fashion.# The design is novel and is not derived from any restricted or prohibited firearm.# Due to the action type and novel design, this receiver set meets the legal standard of a non-restricted firearm as per the Canadian Firearms Act and related Regulations.# The minimum overall length when assembled into a working firearm must be over 26" to meet the standard of non-restricted.

Features:
    Spring-assisted, manually-operated, straight-pull bolt action
    Side-charging handle can be mounted to Left or Right side (ejects to the Right always
    Can be readily assembled to shoot 223 Rem, 5.56x45, .300 BLK, 6.5 Grendel, .224 Valkyrie, 7.62x39, and many other cartridges
    Integrated QD port at the rear
    Extra-flared magwell
    Designed and manufactured entirely in Canada

Specifications:
    Receiver and Bottom Metal Material:# High quality, domestically sourced 6061-T6 alloy
    Receiver and Bottom Metal Finish:# Hard Black Anodizing
    Bolt Carrier Material:# HTSR 4140 steel
    Bolt Carrier Finish:# QPQ Black Nitride
    Caliber:# Multi

Included Components:
    (1) MRA Renegade Receiver
    (1) MRA Renegade Bottom Metal
    (1) MRA Renegade Bolt Carrier (requires bolt, firing pin, camp in, and retaining pin)
    (1) MRA Renegade Cylinder Charging Handle
    (1) MRA Renegade End Plate
    (1) MRA Renegade Barrel Gas Journal Seal .750" diameter (allows the use of various aftermarket barrels with a gas port)

Required Components:
    Barrel, bolt, hanguard, buttstock, lower parts kit, bolt, muzzle device

Compatible with:
    Most AR-15 barrels, buttstocks, handguards, pistol grips, magazines, etc.

Not compatible with:
    #AR-15 bolt carriers, AR-15 upper receivers, AR-15 lower receivers, AR-15 charging handles

Made in Canada

Attachment 390089

Attachment 390090

Attachment 390091

Anyone thought about using this for a 6mm Arc build?
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Respectfully I must strongly disagree with you sir!!

There are many of us that do not want to wait for/or retain the services of a gunsmith or machinist and prefer to be able to assemble and work on these rifles ourselves.

I am very familiar with the AR style of platform and have all the hand tools and vice blocks to work on it myself.

If I have to purchase additional tools, that is a small price to pay for the convenience and independence it affords me!!

This is a modular platform and customization along with caliber and barrel length changes are easy and only take a few moments to do.

Heck, as there is no requirement for gas port/gas tube/BCG alignment the changes should take even less time!!

Further this receiver set is large enough to support cartridges like the 224 Valkyrie that will get you shooting out to 1,000 M as long as you do your part!!

However there are plans for the Large Frame version, and I am very much looking forward to those as well!!

The magazine system has had over 5 decades of testing, is proven, reliable with the mags themselves being inexpensive and plentiful!! All an important consideration.

Another thing to consider is as a Left handed shooter I have always wanted a bolt style gun that was Left hand bolt, right hand ejection port. A configuration that will cost several thousand dollars in a bolt action, and this one is straight pull with a forward assist spring for a little over $800 complete cost!!

As for parts, I have lots due to many of my favorite rifles and carbines becoming prohibited!! However the finical hit has been softened by the ability to make parts from those prohibited rifles useful.

And lets face it, a short barreled None-Restricted Carbine is just straight out cool AND desirable.

As for characterization of said rifles using the word "Frankenstein" and by innuendo indicating that such a rifle is made of mis-matched parts I must strongly disagree with you.

I carefully choose all my parts for both form, function and fit. Feel free to talk to anyone that has shot one of my rifles or carbines to confirm this!!

So in closing, just because you don't seem to see the "Need for this" doesn't mean there isn't !! I for one am very much looking forward to using this set to build a None-Restricted 224 Valkyrie Marksman rifle!!

With respect

AbH
    sir this is perfectly said. the want to utilize parts i already own and can no longer use in their current configuration, they will be used here making this highly appealing and i cant wait for my pre order to ship

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Works all the way up to .450 Bushmaster I believe
    Confirmed!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    Anyone thought about using this for a 6mm Arc build?
    We have reamers on order.

CGN frequent flyer
    Curious whether running a left-side bolt on this gun might make sense even for a right-hand shooter. Not having to re-establish the trigger-hand grip would be helpful, and whether the front end is supported on a bipod or bag, or it's a short configuration with the balance point close enough to the pistol grip it seems that moving the left hand to the bolt and back to steady the rifle might mean less break in concentration. This certainly isn't my beloved Lee Enfield! So probably best not pretend that it's that, or an AR, or anything else it isn't.

Is there any consensus on bolt side among the folk who have fired the prototypes?