Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Curious whether running a left-side bolt on this gun might make sense even for a right-hand shooter. Not having to re-establish the trigger-hand grip would be helpful, and whether the front end is supported on a bipod or bag, or it's a short configuration with the balance point close enough to the pistol grip it seems that moving the left hand to the bolt and back to steady the rifle might mean less break in concentration. This certainly isn't my beloved Lee Enfield! So probably best not pretend that it's that, or an AR, or anything else it isn't.
    Is there any consensus on bolt side among the folk who have fired the prototypes?
    I'm planning on buying a spare charging handle.
    I'll have a handle mounted on both sides simultaneously.

Personally i like the fact its swapable. I plan to run the handle on the left for bag or bipod usage, and on the right for hunting.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I'm planning on buying a spare charging handle.
    I'll have a handle mounted on both sides simultaneously.
    That's my plan as well, for the MRA kit and the other one. Once it ships.

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Curious whether running a left-side bolt on this gun might make sense even for a right-hand shooter. Not having to re-establish the trigger-hand grip would be helpful, and whether the front end is supported on a bipod or bag, or it's a short configuration with the balance point close enough to the pistol grip it seems that moving the left hand to the bolt and back to steady the rifle might mean less break in concentration. This certainly isn't my beloved Lee Enfield! So probably best not pretend that it's that, or an AR, or anything else it isn't.

Is there any consensus on bolt side among the folk who have fired the prototypes?
    This video shows some running and gunning with a straight pull rifle that has the lever on the left for a right-handed shooter. It looks pretty great! https://youtu.be/98ke7zlBhPk

MRA: Please feel free to delete this post if you deem it inappropriate but I figured since it's an Australian product, it should not be a problem!
    Member of the CCFR - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    Friendly bump, curious about those component weights and if any function testing has been done with 7.62x39 barrels?
    The Renegade Receiver Kit weighs in a 1lb 9.3oz. This includes the receiver, bottom metal, carrier, carrier alignment block, extraction assist spring, end plate, and takedown pins.

We have not yet tested with 7.62x39 ammo. We will let you all know when we have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    The Renegade Receiver Kit weighs in a 1lb 9.3oz. This includes the receiver, bottom metal, carrier, carrier alignment block, extraction assist spring, end plate, and takedown pins.

We have not yet tested with 7.62x39 ammo. We will let you all know when we have done this.
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Can't wait to get my set

Excitement building

MRA Are these still on track for end of August?

Shoot straight - chrisco
    There is no spoon

I'll be shooting 7.62x39 from it. If it works as well as all my other MRA parts did with 7.72x39 it would run just fine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Redditor PTESoupSandwich built a super short 10/22 on a modded Tuff-22 chassis. This should give a visual of the kind of tractor/truck compact firearm you could build using the Renegade chassis along with a long enough fixed pull stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by PTESoupSandwich on Reddit
    Last edited by Ustauk; 08-11-2020 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Redditor PTESoupSandwich built a super short 10/22 on a modded Tuff-22 chassis. This should give a visual of the kind of tractor/truck compact firearm you could build using the Renegade chassis along with a long enough fixed pull stock.
    Man this looks so cool and yet so ####ing dumb at the same time. Though, what do they say, opinions are like #######s.