Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: MRA V1-B Receiver Set PRESALE!

This is very cool.

I hope that an 308 version is also in the works as it would be a good alternative to the Sig Cross or Fix by Q rifles.

CGN frequent flyer
    Ordered.

No bolt. In an AR the bolt and carrier are 2 separate pieces. So you need a bolt but not the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    No bolt. In an AR the bolt and carrier are 2 separate pieces. So you need a bolt but not the carrier.
    It comes with its own proprietary carrier.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    School me please....how much (decent parts but not Gucci) for the bits that are missing to make this a full rifle?
    Its easier to say what not to use. Take all the parts off of your now prohibted, previously restricted AR-15 or previously non-restricted ATRS or Maccabee Arms rifle. Take the upper receiver, lower receiver, gas tube, and bolt control group, and place them in your secure gun storage. Or perhaps these parts are already at the bottom of a lake, or Mike from Canmore now owns them Take the rest of your parts, and assemble them onto the MRA receiver and BCG. Hopefully MRA will do a good build video, showing how to properly block off the gas port, and use the buffer tube spring with their bolt from the spring assist.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    Ordered one. Will be building a nice shorty as well. Hope it comes in August.

Any reason why the cycling mechanism is not going to be via pump? I'm thinking like the Troy PARs, but not based on an AR...

Just seems easier to cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hognods View Post
    Any reason why the cycling mechanism is not going to be via pump? I'm thinking like the Troy PARs, but not based on an AR...

This is very similar to the Troy SAR. Much like the Troy SAR and PAR, they have modified bolt carriers which are not compatible with ARs nor their gas system. This precludes them from being an AR variant or a semi for that matter. They do however, take common AR accessories including thee bolt itself. So those with bolt matched barrels, they'll at least have something to put them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hognods View Post

I think this is just a lot easier with fewer proprietary parts. Any handguard will work. And you can run a super short barrel and not be limited by the pump mechanism.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    So what the shortest barrel that can be used on this to keep it NR? This could be fun, sad, but fun. Would like to see pics of a complete build.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.