Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling Arms TR

would MFT 10x round mags be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    would MFT 10x round mags be an issue?
    I would think the general guideline is that if they work in an AR, they will work in this receiver set.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I have secured enough screw bolt catch pins and will put one in with each set.... gratis.

JR
    Stand-up move
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

We tested our model with stanag, gen 2 pmags' e-lander and cross mags... I have no gen 3s to compare with so I cannot advise.

To be honest, we were more concerned with duplicating than "new features" as our MS was a recent production model and certain "assumptions " were just made about reliability and usability.... we wanted this out f.a.s.t!

I have secured enough screw bolt catch pins and will put one in with each set.... gratis.

You poor guys who picked your sets up will have to come in on monday to get one.

JR
    Thank you JR! I appreciate you securing these pins for us! And thank you for getting this product out for us! Despite the minor things I can confirm these are high quality and well built. I look forward to the day we can shoot them.
    Fight for what you believe in today because tomorrow could just be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAven View Post
    It uses a threaded pin rather than a standard roll pin. Not included in normal LPKs. Looks like brownells has them though. I hope they fit!

Also JR, I'm having trouble getting gen 3 pmags to seat. Looks like its 1 millimeter too high. Gen2 and stanags work though. Is this common? Would you advise removing material from the mag catch lug?
    If I remember correctly on the MS you had to remove a bit of material from the lug on the mag that prevents it from fully seating.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAven View Post
    Thank you JR! I appreciate you securing these pins for us! And thank you for getting this product out for us! Despite the minor things I can confirm these are high quality and well built. I look forward to the day we can shoot them.
    End user photo of assemble gun would be nice for all of us who mithe boat! Aldo I fully understand one not wanting to post pictures.
    CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Okay... so now that I have the first production run sets, I thought I'd post a few "up close and personal" pictures. Also a couple of "frankengun" sets with the SAI and ATRS mixed.

Keep in mind, mine are fresh oil so they colours will be a bit different.

Also.... the final name we went with for the production is "SAI TSR" which stands for "Sterling Arms International - Target Sporting Rifle"

Attachment 391277
    Attachment 391283
    Attachment 391278
    Attachment 391282
    Btw to say that this was a copy would be grossly misleading! Just from these pictures they are so many dffrence between the 2!

It is to bad the front magwel serrations are gone but very welcome that the pointy magwel lip is gone, that thing was only sharp on the hand for no reason. The trigger guard is completely diffrent, the matting area above the rear takedown pin/hinge pin is machine completely differently, so os the portion above the slide release, the shell deflector is also different then the gen 1 MV(bolt on) and the current MS ( ar 15 cast) and lastly there seem to be a seperation with extra material between the trigger guard and magwel on the SAI that is not there on the MS.

All very interesting.
    CCFR member

CGN Regular
    We tested our model with stanag, gen 2 pmags' e-lander and cross mags... I have no gen 3s to compare with so I cannot advise.

To be honest, we were more concerned with duplicating than "new features" as our MS was a recent production model and certain "assumptions " were just made about reliability and usability.... we wanted this out f.a.s.t!

You poor guys who picked your sets up will have to come in on monday to get one.

JR
    Picked up? Was in yesterday and was told by your guys they are not shipping yet. If available, I'll definitely be in today.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Btw to say that this was a copy would be grossly misleading! Just from these pictures they are so many dffrence between the 2!

It is to bad the front magwel serrations are gone but very welcome that the pointy magwel lip is gone, that thing was only sharp on the hand for no reason. The trigger guard is completely diffrent, the matting area above the rear takedown pin/hinge pin is machine completely differently, so os the portion above the slide release, the shell deflector is also different then the gen 1 MV(bolt on) and the current MS ( ar 15 cast) and lastly there seem to be a seperation with extra material between the trigger guard and magwel on the SAI that is not there on the MS.

All very interesting.
    Okay... I should have been more specific: We took some aesthetic license to the SAI, but mechanically, we copied the MH. If you have one on order and wish to cancel, I do understand and will give you a 100% refund.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    Picked up? Was in yesterday and was told by your guys they are not shipping yet. If available, I'll definitely be in today.
    We are shipping strictly on a first ordered, first delivered basis. Everyone local who was in the first batch was called.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans