Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10202223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sterling Arms TR

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    I think he honestly just tried to acquire whatever part seemed to have the best value at the time. There was not a lot of options available apparently , he just tried to stick to the nothing cheap, nothing special philosophy..

I'll see if he can compile a full list
    +2 would be cool to find out the build parts list... I am new to building a rifle and I am having a hard time knowing where to get a barrel/gas system.

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    +2 would be cool to find out the build parts list... I am new to building a rifle and I am having a hard time knowing where to get a barrel/gas system.
    Look in the dealer network in the banner at the top of the page. There are some who specialize in AR15 stuff.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

Picked mine up from the post office and can't wait to do a body and barrel swap from my troy.

Cheers!

CGN frequent flyer THE_SASQUATCH's Avatar
    A few vendors were even assembling uppers for a fee (other models) to get the hard part out of the way

You could then put the lower together with tools at home and dress it up

I doubt any are still offering this service - would be nice if they could post in their own forums advising of such

HINT HINT

CGN frequent flyer
    Is this still ok to shoot? Or is this a safe queen?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    Is this still ok to shoot? Or is this a safe queen?
    I'm shooting mine, both at the range and crown land but be prepared to answer questions and inform LEO or conservation officers with no guarantee. I've a copy of the ATRS MS FRT post May 1st and a print-out from the RCMP website that states the FRT is NOT LAW.

CGN Regular
    I bought my parts from Colin at True North Arms about a month ago. It was an absolute pleasure to do business with them!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    I'm shooting mine, both at the range and crown land but be prepared to answer questions and inform LEO or conservation officers with no guarantee. I've a copy of the ATRS MS FRT post May 1st and a print-out from the RCMP website that states the FRT is NOT LAW.
    Not sure that's the best tactic. Maybe in court, at some point, if it came to that. As far as LEOs in the field go, it's a sterling arms target sporting rifle, a canadian made firearm that meets all requirements to be non restricted which would not need an FRT classification to be sold or owned by a PAL holder and wasn't named in OIC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    Not sure that's the best tactic. Maybe in court, at some point, if it came to that. As far as LEOs in the field go, it's a sterling arms target sporting rifle, a canadian made firearm that meets all requirements to be non restricted which would not need an FRT classification to be sold or owned by a PAL holder and wasn't named in OIC
    Minimal risk at the range, since I belong to The Shooting Edge Calgary, and when I shoot on Crown, it's during the week. If I'm arrested and/or my firearm is confiscated, I'm happy to go to court over that. Enough is enough, especially when as you mentioned, it is not an AR-15, and not a variant (yes, not defined) but a non-restricted firearm.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    Minimal risk at the range, since I belong to The Shooting Edge Calgary, and when I shoot on Crown, it's during the week. If I'm arrested and/or my firearm is confiscated, I'm happy to go to court over that. Enough is enough, especially when as you mentioned, it is not an AR-15, and not a variant (yes, not defined) but a non-restricted firearm.
    Lol, yeah that is probably one of the safer ranges

I am only shooting on private property and crown land right now anyway, but if I was asked I would not do their work for them, in terms of associating it with AR15s or any other prohib firearm.. As far as I know its called the Target Sporting Rifle by Sterling Arms as marked on the lower receiver and was not one of the ones named in the OIC, that's it that's all
    Last edited by metamatt; 07-21-2020 at 03:45 PM.