Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sterling Arms TR

I've seen the pictures earlier in the thread, the question is: has anyone function tested a SAI upper with the other Albertan lower?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ManoP View Post
    How about just a shout out and a thank you to everyone who made these possible. Y'all are great.
    Then the shout out should go to Alberta Tactical Rifle as it was they who broke the ground for the black style NR semi autos.
    JR and Sterling simply ripped of the design from ATRS and are now profiting from it. Yet again JR's true colors come through.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    Then the shout out should go to Alberta Tactical Rifle as it was they who broke the ground for the black style NR semi autos.
    JR and Sterling simply ripped of the design from ATRS and are now profiting from it. Yet again JR's true colors come through.
    Hardly accurate.. the thanks from us should go to Jeff from NEA who broke the ground a couple of years before ATRS on the NR Canadian made black rifles.

Lots of people on this forum love to hack on NEA and while they had a lot of QC issues, they pioneered and invented a lot of things.... the minibrake, the CSS stock and the NEA102 was out way before the ATRS system.

I also approached ATRS (which they confirmed) prior to going live with my project....

I also have nothing but respect for ATRS and Rick's contributions and abilities, he makes a damn fine product.

Condemn me if you will, but get your facts straight first.

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 08-25-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Any of these receiver sets left? I was teliing a buddy who isn't a member here about them, and he's interested. ATRS is too rich for him, but these are in his price range!
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Hardly accurate.. the thanks from us should go to Jeff from NEA who broke the ground a couple of years before ATRS on the NR Canadian made black rifles.

Lots of people on this forum love to hack on NEA and while they had a lot of QC issues, they pioneered and invented a lot of things.... the minibrake, the CSS stock and the NEA102 was out way before the ATRS system.

I also approached ATRS (which they confirmed) prior to going live with my project....

I also have nothing but respect for ATRS and Rick's contributions and abilities, he makes a damn fine product.

Condemn me if you will, but get your facts straight first.

JR

I Might be wrong (I checked and im not) but im pretty certain the ATRS modern hunter and varminter predated the NEA102... They were expensive but paved the way for sure.
    Last edited by biologic; 08-26-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    I Might be wrong (I checked and im not) but im pretty certain the ATRS modern hunter and varminter predated the NEA102... They were expensive but paved the way for sure.
    Gentlemen,

This is a thread about buying / selling SAI recievers.

While I appreciate there hasn't been a "I hate JR thread in awhile", this is not the appropriate place. Please keep this thread on topic.

Regards,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    Any of these receiver sets left? I was teliing a buddy who isn't a member here about them, and he's interested. ATRS is too rich for him, but these are in his price range!
    Send an email to: websales@theshootingedge.com or call the store and ask for Logan: 403-720-4867

Regards,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Reposted from above because it probably got lost in the slander...

I've seen the pictures earlier in the thread, the question is: has anyone function tested a SAI upper with the other Albertan lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    A guy I know tested this, he said the the sterling upper fit nicely on an ATRS lower but a sterling lower on an ATRS upper didn't quite fit because the front takedown pin was just a hair off but a tiny bit of filing/sanding would have resolved the issue

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjackdaddy View Post
    A guy I know tested this, he said the the sterling upper fit nicely on an ATRS lower but a sterling lower on an ATRS upper didn't quite fit because the front takedown pin was just a hair off but a tiny bit of filing/sanding would have resolved the issue
    ahhh that is interesting, my buddy was debating getting an ATRS upper just to have one with the different aluminum to see if there was any difference overtime

He also just received his second set today

Thanks JR, Logan and the rest of the team at the Shooting Edge for delivering when no one else would!