Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling Arms TR

CGN Regular
    delete
    Last edited by metamatt; 06-13-2020 at 12:54 PM.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAven View Post
    What is the secret for the pivot pin spring and plunger? It goes in but not deep enough by about 2 millimeters. Is there a trick?
    Using a pipecleaner to measure depth of the hole it comes out to .8355"

Also it seems that the bold catch pin is supposed to be of the threaded variety. Where would one pick one up at?
    I will look tomorrow and report back on the plunger hole and yes, the bolt catch is the threaded variety. We are making some but don't have yet, but brownells has them usually in stock, or also TNA here in Canada.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I will look tomorrow and report back on the plunger hole and yes, the bolt catch is the threaded variety. We are making some but don't have yet, but brownells has them usually in stock, or also TNA here in Canada.

JR
    Sorry if I'm not getting it, there's a threaded pin instead of a roll pin? Or is the bolt catch itself threaded somehow ?
    Just have what comes in a standard LPK, I think, bolt catch, plunger, spring and roll pin

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    Sorry if I'm not getting it, there's a threaded pin instead of a roll pin? Or is the bolt catch itself threaded somehow ?
    Just have what comes in a standard LPK, I think, bolt catch, plunger, spring and roll pin
    It uses a threaded pin rather than a standard roll pin. Not included in normal LPKs. Looks like brownells has them though. I hope they fit!

Also JR, I'm having trouble getting gen 3 pmags to seat. Looks like its 1 millimeter too high. Gen2 and stanags work though. Is this common? Would you advise removing material from the mag catch lug?
    Fight for what you believe in today because tomorrow could just be too late.

When do you expect your pins to be ready to ship? Would it make more sense to wait for yours than try and import pins? Asking for a friend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar

JR
    Is this the pin?
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod132472.aspx

I cannot find at TNA, have emailed Zack for a friend....
    Last edited by Paul_T; 06-13-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

What is the secret for the pivot pin spring and plunger? It goes in but not deep enough by about 2 millimeters. Is there a trick?
    Using a pipecleaner to measure depth of the hole it comes out to .8355"
    Sorry... we noted that when we built ours and it is due to the geometry of the lower as it is not a true AR15.... we simply cut about 2mm off the spring as it's nothing really "critical".... it takes very little pressure down on the plunger to hold the detente properly.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

It uses a threaded pin rather than a standard roll pin. Not included in normal LPKs. Looks like brownells has them though. I hope they fit!

Also JR, I'm having trouble getting gen 3 pmags to seat. Looks like its 1 millimeter too high. Gen2 and stanags work though. Is this common? Would you advise removing material from the mag catch lug?
    We tested our model with stanag, gen 2 pmags' e-lander and cross mags... I have no gen 3s to compare with so I cannot advise.

To be honest, we were more concerned with duplicating than "new features" as our MS was a recent production model and certain "assumptions " were just made about reliability and usability.... we wanted this out f.a.s.t!

I have secured enough screw bolt catch pins and will put one in with each set.... gratis.

You poor guys who picked your sets up will have to come in on monday to get one.

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 06-13-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Regular
    We tested our model with stanag, gen 2 pmags' e-lander and cross mags... I have no gen 3s to compare with so I cannot advise.

I have secured enough screw bolt catch pins and will put one in with each set.... gratis.

You poor guys who picked your sets up will have to come in on monday to get one.

JR
    (.)
    Last edited by metamatt; 07-21-2020 at 03:31 PM.

That is quite concerning. If someone else can test this out as well, that would be great.