Thread: Sterling Arms TR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    Definitely happy with the results!

Attachment 399950
    Attachment 399952
    Sweet colour, what'd you do to it ?

CGN Regular
    It's my wifes build and she cerakoted it in tungsten. I would agree that the colour looks good.

CGN Regular
    My buddy got out to some crown land today and put 75 rounds through his newly assembled TSR... He loaded up all his 5.56 stanag mags with various ammos and had not one failure of any kind.

40 rounds of winchester 55gr FMJ through 2 cross mags cycled perfectly and bolt held open all 4 times
    20 rounds of winchester 55gr FMJ through 2 ASC Lar15 10/30 mags cycled perfectly and bolt held open both times
    5 rounds of PMC Xtac 62gr XM855 through gen2 5/30 pmag cycled perfectly and bolt held open
    5 rounds of American Eagle 62gr XM855 through gen 3 5/40 pmag cycled perfectly and bolt held open
    5 rounds of Barnaul 62 gr steel case hollowpoints through gen 5/40 pmag cycled perfectly and bolt held open

When he took it down to clean it everything still looked brand new, virtually unshot

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    My buddy got out to some crown land today and put 75 rounds through his newly assembled TSR... He loaded up all his 5.56 stanag mags with various ammos and had not one failure of any kind.

40 rounds of winchester 55gr FMJ through 2 cross mags cycled perfectly and bolt held open all 4 times
    20 rounds of winchester 55gr FMJ through 2 ASC Lar15 10/30 mags cycled perfectly and bolt held open both times
    5 rounds of PMC Xtac 62gr XM855 through gen2 5/30 pmag cycled perfectly and bolt held open
    5 rounds of American Eagle 62gr XM855 through gen 3 5/40 pmag cycled perfectly and bolt held open
    5 rounds of Barnaul 62 gr steel case hollowpoints through gen 5/40 pmag cycled perfectly and bolt held open

When he took it down to clean it everything still looked brand new, virtually unshot
    Your buddy is a good man

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post

Beauty. Do you think your buddy can share his build list?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rook1 View Post
    Beauty. Do you think your buddy can share his build list?
    I think he honestly just tried to acquire whatever part seemed to have the best value at the time. There was not a lot of options available apparently , he just tried to stick to the nothing cheap, nothing special philosophy..

I'll see if he can compile a full list

Im yet to get a shipping notification from Canada Post, should I be worried?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djembe12 View Post
    Im yet to get a shipping notification from Canada Post, should I be worried?
    No.... But send an email to Logan at websales@theshootingedge.com as I am away from the office.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

This rifle identifies as a Liberal.
    Therefore, it’s always right and when presented with being prohibited or banned, it can REEEEE louder than anything and ends the discussion right there with an auto-win of the debate.

It’s also part of the BLM movement, so it’s also got that going for it in a day and age where facts don’t mean anything.

In all seriousness though - ATRS upper clearly fits. A minor amount of work with a round file to get it to fit perfectly. (Gen 1 upper, and only needed a minute amount of material taken on the rear hook)

Hello JR
    Spoke to Logan yesterday, a what a fabulous guy you have on your team
    Look forward to what ever happens going forward
    Gaurd