Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling Arms TR

Quote Originally Posted by topofthewall View Post
    Hey guys I was just in contact with shooting edge in Calgary today and apparently this is now moved to prohibited status???

Explained.

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    The FRT for them doesn’t exist.

By definition, they meet the requirements of a non-restricted. Especially considering they’re based of a MS, which did have an FRT depicting it as non-restricted.

That designation has been since revoked, and is now labelled prohibited.

However, the FRT is not law, and the MS (and the Sterling Arms TR by association) were not mentioned in the IOC.

It is both prohibited, and non-restricted - depending on the judgment of the person judging you that day. You decide if it’s a risk you want to take.

Many of us will be taking the risk. Many will not.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topofthewall View Post
    Hey guys I was just in contact with shooting edge in Calgary today and apparently this is now moved to prohibited status???
    Well.... yes and no.... The SAI TSR was not named on the OIC nor was the ATRS MS. The FRT was changed about a month ago for both firearms giving them prohibited statuses.

One of the key points in our legal challenge is the RCMP ####ery with these firearms.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    uppers
    Last edited by metamatt; 07-21-2020 at 03:35 PM.

my friend mike says if you file / cut 1-2mm off the pmag stopper they will seat. is manually cycling snap caps fine.

https://imgur.com/a/hoZsRfI

also as above his charging handle does not pull far enough back to engage the bolt lock. if it's pulled hard enough it's starting to lock after some cycling, as the handle wears down. need to file away the charging handle so it can slide further back. or have some custom ones made with the whole lug moved further forward on the handle. bolt goes further back if pushed by hand. not buffer issue.

https://imgur.com/a/dDaJ5s1

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    my friend mike says if you file / cut 1-2mm off the pmag stopper they will seat. is manually cycling snap caps fine.

https://imgur.com/a/hoZsRfI

also as above his charging handle does not pull far enough back to engage the bolt lock. if it's pulled hard enough it's starting to lock after some cycling, as the handle wears down. need to file away the charging handle so it can slide further back. or have some custom ones made with the whole lug moved further forward on the handle. bolt goes further back if pushed by hand. not buffer issue.

https://imgur.com/a/dDaJ5s1
    That’s common on the MS also. Make sure your buffer tube is in spec. The sterling upper is shorter overall than an Ar. Much tighter tolerance for the bolt face to clear the catch.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

CGN Regular
    Everyone selling their Sterling TRS' on EE for $1500-$2000 unashamed and rocking that LDE hard.
    Big yikes from me, this community is f*cking predatory.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    Everyone selling their Sterling TRS' on EE for $1500-$2000 unashamed and rocking that LDE hard.
    Holy cripes... glad no one is biting... I'm sure more that are "reasonably priced" sets will pop up on the EE as we get caught up...

On that note: Because of the holiday this week, we got screwed on the Type 2 anodizing. We probably won't see them till late friday or monday... which means a monday or tuesday shipping...

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Smol PP energy is right.

Some people will do anything for a dollar. Profiteering from a crisis is lame. Sad to see a product that was sold at a reasonable price by TSE (cheers, guys) being hocked by shciesters wanting to try and cash in. Why buy if all you wanted to do was drive the price up for people that were going to build these?

Buy one, build one, don't tell any one. Seems simple enough.
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

woops

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    It sure seems that way sometimes doesn't it. There are just as many or more good ones out there as there are bad ones though!

Quote Originally Posted by robab View Post
    That’s common on the MS also. Make sure your buffer tube is in spec. The sterling upper is shorter overall than an Ar. Much tighter tolerance for the bolt face to clear the catch.
    wrong tense used there. WAS. There was a small number, perhaps 50 or so, at the start of the second run that were 0.017" too low at the rear of the magwell for the Gen3 Pmags stupid little anti-insertion tab.

We had to manufacture our own unique tooling to be able to machine in the extended track for the charge handle, underneath the rear hook. It looks on the TSR that they made the rear hook slightly smaller, which maybe just enough room for the bolt catch. I haven't seen one with parts in it though.