Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal Challenge Summary -Donate to the Fight!

This should be a sticky at the top of the main page

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    Thanks for the support guys.

Our Group of Ten review also has the CSSA on board.

Will post link to filing shortly, we're almost there.

Mike
    I can hardly fricken wait for this one, I know it is going to be epic, and will change they way people see our rights in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by desjeva View Post
    This should be a sticky at the top of the main page
    This should not get lost in the noise.

I just chipped in, I think going forward I will come back to this page to donate what I can off each paycheck, check which one needs more help at the time, I am tight for money but if I only have 10 bucks left at the end of the week I will donate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango33 View Post
    This should not get lost in the noise.
    I agree

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .308ACADIAN View Post
    I just chipped in, I think going forward I will come back to this page to donate what I can off each paycheck, check which one needs more help at the time, I am tight for money but if I only have 10 bucks left at the end of the week I will donate.
    Thank-you!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Any updates on these? Does the CCFR challenge go to court today? If so what happened? Thought one of these treads were going to get sticky so they would be maintained and easy to find. It is that important!

Off topic a bit...…
    But with the availability to us at these ages why has not anyone started a protest against Trudeau...….like a www.trudeaumustgo.com page and then we petition all the MP's to remove him.
    Like three ethical investigations...….obviously he is not learning a lesson so get him teaching again ohhh wait that thwarts the up and coming youth...…
    Painting face black on several occasions and now wanting to have rest of country recognize racial inequality...…...hmmm ironic or needs votes
    lets not kid ourselves here these are just the things we know about...…..if a man is that untruthful.....there is many more parts to him we do not see.
    How can we focus our efforts to rid him of a leader in our great country?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    https://www.jccf.ca/justice-centre-t...3MQqnRsogBVNEw

Justice Centre to apply to intervene to stop Trudeau’s firearm confiscation
    Jul 13th, 2020

CALGARY: The Justice Centre today announced that it will apply to intervene in the Federal Court legal action commenced by the Canadian Coalition of Firearm Rights (CCFR), which challenges the constitutionality of Justin Trudeau’s Cabinet Order confiscating legally acquired property from law-abiding Canadians.

On May 1, 2020, and under the cover of the coronavirus pandemic, the federal cabinet issued Order-in-Council PC 2020-298 [“the OIC”] amending Regulations under the Criminal Code. This OIC arbitrarily reclassified approximately 1,500 previously-legal firearms and “variants” as “prohibited,” thereby making it suddenly illegal to own them. Trudeau’s Cabinet also issued an amnesty order, allowing current owners a two-year amnesty period ending in April 30, 2022. This OIC results in a massive and arbitrary confiscation of private property from law-abiding Canadians.

Since COVID-19 lockdowns were imposed in March, Trudeau’s government has done its utmost to avoid checks and balances, by suspending Parliament and by its unsuccessful attempt to shield federal government spending from Parliamentary scrutiny through to the end of 2021. Trudeau has sequestered himself away in Rideau Cottage, where he speaks only to selected media.

Trudeau’s arbitrary confiscation of private property from Canadians was also not effected via Parliament. No public consultation, debate, or study occurred in advance of this mass confiscation. Very little explanation has been given by Trudeau’s Cabinet to explain how or why it selected the firearms that it is now confiscating from law-abiding citizens.

Soon after the May 1 OIC, the RCMP began amending the Firearms Reference Table [“FRT”], changing the classification of more than 200 additional firearms to “prohibited,” some based on the RCMP’s interpretation of the word “variant,” which is undefined in the OIC. This arbitrary reclassification effort is ongoing, and is taking place entirely behind closed doors. The RCMP have unilaterally banned rifles and shotguns that are no different from firearms that are not banned, including at least one .22 caliber plinking rifle, and several shotguns.

On May 26, 2020, the CCFR filed a Notice of Application asking the Federal Court to strike down the new Regulations (as amended by the OIC) on the grounds that:

1. The Regulations as amended are invalid, unlawful, and outside of the scope of powers the Criminal Code could have delegated to the Governor in Council;
    2. The Regulations and the means by which they were created and amended is unconstitutional;
    3. The Regulations and its effects breach the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Bill of Rights, and section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982;
    4. The exercise of the regulation-making power by the Governor in Council was and is irrational, and contrary to clear fact and all available evidence; and
    5. The firearms purported to be banned by the OIC are suitable for hunting and sporting purposes and redefining such firearms as “prohibited” is expressly illegal pursuant to section 117.15 of the Criminal Code.

The CCFR is also seeking a declaration from the court that the RCMP’s “bans by FRT” are of no force or effect, because the RCMP are effectively legislating, which they have no power to do.

The Justice Centre’s intervention application will focus on the Constitution’s allocation of legislative power to Parliament, and the Constitution’s inherent safeguards which are intended to prevent the tyranny of a government that operates independently of democratically-elected representatives. The Justice Centre is preparing its intervention application and will release further details in the days ahead.

“The arbitrary and opportunistic confiscation of property from Canadians by a Federal Cabinet operating behind closed doors, with no transparency and without accountability to an independent Parliament, is little better than theft,” states Jay Cameron, Litigation Manager with the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

“Canada is a democracy, but Trudeau’s Cabinet passed this Order-in-Council during a pandemic and during a Parliamentary shut down when this Order-in-Council has nothing to do with COVID-19. This looks like an effort to avoid the scrutiny of the representatives of Canadians in Parliament. Our position is that the Order-in-Council is outside the bounds of the rule of law and the Constitution.”

and saw this on ccfr facebook

https://www.rebelnews.com/trudeau_gu...BgQOw6oOEHTHu0
    Last edited by Big-boss-man; 07-17-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    New Challenge by Christine Generoux added. Please show your support guys! TI has already donated, but we're in this together and they barely have any funding

https://www.gofundme.com/f/overturn-...-gun-grab-2020
    https://thegunblog.ca/2020/07/14/chr...stop-gun-bans/
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast