Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Be warned

If it happened to a few people, has any one called the police?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    My MasterCard was cancelled in March due to fraud. Places they attempted to use my card were Toronto, Oshawa and Whitby.. prior to that I had recently made a purchase at Hero Outdoors. My replacement card was cancelled again due to fraud literally a week and half ago with an attempt at a $750 purchase from a shoe store in France. This time I was really not happy. The woman from the MasterCard Risk Department said they’ve noticed a significant increase in credit card fraud during the pandemic.

Annoying because I had to EMT to buy a gun last week. I’m in the market for a backup CC for the next time this happens.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

do all of you guys have TikTok installed on your mobile phones? i read somewhere there was a problem with people who had tiktok installed getting CC info taken....
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

I’ve had to replace two cards within three months due to them being compromised.
    One the cards I exclusively used for Amazon orders and they still somehow got it. That sh*t can happen anywhere. Still, it’s a ####ty coincidence for sure
    Romans 13:4

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    I have a story too, a little different.
    We have one credit card that I use only for certain internet purchases. The one my wife has got compromised (different number but same account). There were a bunch of $25 UberEats charges on there.
    She hadn't touched that card in years, it hadn't left her purse. We figure someone walked close to her with an RFID card reader.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I needed a new card in March had it used in a Skip The Dishes scam in another province two months later. Scammers be scamming.
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    do all of you guys have TikTok installed on your mobile phones? i read somewhere there was a problem with people who had tiktok installed getting CC info taken....
    LOL. Thanks for the chuckle. No TikTok here, I've got a face for radio and the rhythm of an epileptic giraffe.

For the person asking about the Costco card, I had two separate cards hit and the only common usage was WCH. That's not to say they got nicked some other way and I have no solid proof it was them but the fact they called to verify CC was weird at the time and the proximity of the UberEats orders was suspect. I dont use Uber/UberEats either. Thankfully for me it was a handful of small charges so not even sure the cops would do anything. The banks might, but I just leave it to them as Im not out any money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    If it happened to a few people, has any one called the police?
    That is very funny. Police don't care and will do nothing to help.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As long as you use CC instead of debit at least you can contest the charges and have a very good chance of getting it back. Banks fight harder when it's it's their money on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by cosine 90 View Post
    As long as you use CC instead of debit at least you can contest the charges and have a very good chance of getting it back. Banks fight harder when it's it's their money on the line.
    For sure! It happened to my coast capital account years ago and they investigated hard! They concluded it was not possible for me to spend money in Thailand and teleport back to Vancouver right away.

Costco Capital One has the zero liability thing, but I am sure there are fine prints on it. In any case, they didn’t hassle me and credited me the money quickly.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast