Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Be warned

I had 2 uber eats charges last month in 2 days. had to replace the card. did not buy anything from west coast hunting.

TD had money returned within 2 weeks.

The same thing happened to me after I gave my credit card info over the phone to Taylor Company unfortunately a few months ago. I don't know if it's a certain way it get processed and leaked? Either way I got my fraud charges reversed and new card issued anyways.

Although I've even had fraud on a backup travel card I never even activated lol...

Luckily other than the not activated card, all my other cards email me the second a purchase is done lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northdixie View Post
    I recently placed two separate orders with West Coast Hunting. On the first order they said there was a problem with my credit card, asked me to verify the number. On the second order I used a different card, they once again called to verify the number.

In both instances, within days of ordering from them and not using the credit cards for any other BC-based stores I started getting fraudulent charges from UberEats in the Richmond area. Just an FYI, might want to avoid giving them information verbally as it seems like an employee might be taking notes...
    Uber-Eats, you got off lucky.
    Went to lunch with some family friends at a fancy dim-sum in that neck of the woods.
    They paid by CC and left a healthy tip, before they got home the CC had charges in excess of $7500 in charges half way around the world.
    There are scammers all over the place ....fortunately for CC insurances.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked&Locked View Post
    I have a story too, a little different.
    We have one credit card that I use only for certain internet purchases. The one my wife has got compromised (different number but same account). There were a bunch of $25 UberEats charges on there.
    She hadn't touched that card in years, it hadn't left her purse. We figure someone walked close to her with an RFID card reader.
    Tap information contains a single number that provider links to your card. It can be copied, iirc, but only used to tap. UE needs full card information, does it not?
    Il messanger non è importante

Both my Visa and Master-card ended up with fraudulent charges from Google Epic War LLC.

I didn't even know what that was, apparently it's some type of gaming program. The fraud charges on my cards were not linked to the OP's business.

Oh and I called the Police, they said to wear my seat belt!.......

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

With the pandemic on, criminals have been very busy!.....

Apparently lot's of fraud happening everywhere. Nothing is sacred or safe.
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 06-10-2020 at 12:53 AM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

There were two attempts with fraudulent charges on two different credit cards of mine in the past 2.5 years. One was with a TD Visa and the other a Rogers Mastercard. Both times I was able to cancel my card before the criminals were able to proceed with more fraudulent charges. They typically put through a nominal amount through Uber Eats, parking etc just to ensure the card is valid before they start racking up some high value items. I have my credit card account set up to send notification via text/email instantly for any charges that goes through. You can check your credit card's website online to see if this is an option which is offered.

The notifications were annoying at first but I got used to it. I figured it is better than seeing a $25K balance on your billing statement when it come through the mail.

Everyone needs 2 cards. I have my 'Internet Visa', it does not leave the house, only used for on-line purchases, has a low $200 limit. For purchases over $200 I transfer funds to the card. My 'Wallet Visa' with a $10,000 limit can't be used for online purchases. Yes I've gotten fraudulent charges but the card limit stopped them from going crazy with it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Name them.

That is interesting... I had the same thing happen to me after I made an online purchase from West Coast Hunting back in fall when they had their sale. My card was thankfully flagged by the bank for a fraudulent transaction in Asia somewhere after the transaction here and cancelled... I ended up getting a new card and number and all is well again.

Didn't think much of it as it can happen anywhere but I did have my suspicions and this thread sure makes me think...