Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: First responders discount

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    It was your choice to "volunteer" or have you been forced into it? Well, let's assume not.

And now you're b!itching about expenses on your gear? You did obviously not think it through when you "volunteered".

I assume, none of the "volunteers", firefighters, police officer, medics,.... have been forced into their profession or did they?

But then, they feel the urge to spill out all the good they are doing with the common's man tax money who pays them to fulfill professional duty they've choosen to do?

Where is the love for the first responding appliance repair man, the plumber to fix YOUR #### leak or the carpenter/roofer who fixes up your roof you neglected to fix in time?

Some of you so called or self-pronounced "first responders" dudes feel so entitled it's actually disgusting and disrespectful to any other profession out there.

Btw. I don't give a #### if companies give a discount to their obviously preferred customers. I just don't buy from them.
    Where exactly did you get the impression I was “bitching” about providing my own gear? Not in what I wrote. What I WAS bitching about are the Morons who blame the cop who stopped them for speeding in PEI for the actions of an RCMP superintendent in Ottawa, treat them like crap and then get all self righteous when they get tuned in. So...which one are you? The appliance repair man, the plumber or the carpenter?

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    I agree for the most part.

Being a plumber/HVAC mechanic means that a guy will never get any discounts anywhere.. even if you spend all night running from house to house to business to business getting the heat back on in the winter.

Why don't businesses ever give tradesmen any love?

I always tip tradesmen a considerable amount.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer reggie dunlop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    It certainly has . After reading through all the posts , it sounds like Wolverine has lost a lot of business over the promotion . Retail is a rough business to be in as customers can be driven away to their competition so easily . The free enterprise system at work I guess .
    Funny, the anti-police crew usually don't have two nickels to rub together so I doubt it is a big loss, probably in the tens of dollars.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vern130 View Post
    No, I'm taking you for someone that can't think. Or read. I feel just fine thanks!.
    Sorry not only I don't care what you feel. I also don't care what you think if anything. Let's just make it official now.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowballs View Post
    Agreed. Thanks CGN for ignore feature. I am busy using it on this thread :-)
    That's the best part about threads like this that get bombarded by mouth-breathers.... padding the ignore list.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie dunlop View Post
    Funny, the anti-police crew usually don't have two nickels to rub together so I doubt it is a big loss, probably in the tens of dollars.
    Wait. These losers will be here in no time to tell you how successful they are....and how easy it's for them to pay for all their tickets.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

I think only the police and military should have guns

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_meltdown View Post
    Plus investment cost/time of flight school. No one with a high school education is getting hired by AC, period just like you probably won't get an interview if you only have the other min req. Just like you won't get hired at 21, despite it being the min age for an atpl IIRC. Starting pay for RP or FO is 50k as it's non-weight based for 4 years. You will have been at AC for years before making 200k as an FO. Pension is no longer DB since 2012. Bunch of people just got furloughed or took a 50 percent pay cut.

Despite the "benefits", I still wouldn't be a cop though. Thanks for the discount wolverine.
    And nobody gets hired to be a cop straight out of high school either. RCMP also start at $50k. There are certainly caveats involved in both cases, my point was simply that there are far easier ways to make substantially more money.

That one poster in this thread has ignorant, unintelligent, and short sighted posts. As another poster said, shouldn't we all want all Canadian gun owners on the same page right now? Instead that buffoon comes into this thread whining and trying to divide. The good thing is I have figured out how to use ignore on here now lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeandsnow View Post
    I'm not trying to start a pissing battle with you my friend. I'm a tradesmen myself. The reason more people are hurt on job sites is because more people DO those jobs.

Statistically you have a much higher chance of being injured on the job as pol/mil/ems than working on a construction site.

Also not sure how many car accidents you've been to, but as an volunteer (yes, I do in fact VOLUNTEER for my community) EMR i can tell you that many of them are totally horrific and certainly not a job for your 'average person.'
    That's not true. Most pol/mil/ems will never be injured at all on the job. Most construction workers will suffer at least a minor injury every year, and about 25% will suffer a major one during their career. The most dangerous job in Canada is actually fisherman.

Most pols will never be injured, shoot anybody, or even draw their gun. They are very likely to be puked on though, especially if they work 11pm or later, on a 1st of the month and on Thursdays. But mostly, they drive around in their cars and give traffic tickets, they don't really fight crime much.