Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: This has to stop... new prohibitions as of June 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    what if its a fast deer and i'm a bad shot?
    Grocery Store is your friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    what if its a fast deer and i'm a bad shot?
    Make the shoulder thingy go up on your gun, enabling you to pinpoint the left ventricle of its heart.
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    The silver lining to this is it's such obvious overreach that it could strengthen the legal case against them
    This X100...the more they show their ignorance, the stronger the case against the OIC.

Quote Originally Posted by john442 View Post
    for Fak sakes!!
    thats 2 of my 3 gone for 3gun now!
    Me too. Throwing rocks soon.
    CCFR Field Officer, CSSA Member

As much as I hate to defend the @sshole, I think Blair is right. He hasn't prohibited any shotguns or 22s. The RCMP themselves say the FRT isn't a legal instrument, so as far as I'm concerned, if it wasn't already prohibited by the Firearms Act, or explicitly named in the OIC, it is still legal.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...eference-table

Quote:
    Legal disclaimer for public use
    The Firearms Reference Table (FRT) is not a legal instrument. The FRT is an administrative document created by the RCMP's firearms experts who have, based on the definitions set out in the Criminal Code and the types of firearms prescribed in the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted (SOR/98-462) and the Firearms Act, conducted technical assessments of firearms to assist law enforcement officers, customs officers, and officials responsible for the regulation of firearms with the identification and classification of firearms. The aforementioned Act and Regulations are the prevailing legal authority with respect to firearm classification.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    As much as I hate to defend the @sshole, I think Blair is right. He hasn't prohibited any shotguns or 22s. The RCMP themselves say the FRT isn't a legal instrument, so as far as I'm concerned, if it wasn't already prohibited by the Firearms Act, or explicitly named in the OIC, it is still legal.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...eference-table

Quote:
    Legal disclaimer for public use
    The Firearms Reference Table (FRT) is not a legal instrument. The FRT is an administrative document created by the RCMP's firearms experts who have, based on the definitions set out in the Criminal Code and the types of firearms prescribed in the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted (SOR/98-462) and the Firearms Act, conducted technical assessments of firearms to assist law enforcement officers, customs officers, and officials responsible for the regulation of firearms with the identification and classification of firearms. The aforementioned Act and Regulations are the prevailing legal authority with respect to firearm classification.
    Sure, the problem is that when the RCMP change these firearms to Prohib, they can no longer be sold unless the retailer is willing to risk legal issues, and the CBSA absolutely won't let imports in.

The rcmp are probably just using the frt for marking firearms for another future ban
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes---Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mgroom View Post
    Sure, the problem is that when the RCMP change these firearms to Prohib, they can no longer be sold unless the retailer is willing to risk legal issues, and the CBSA absolutely won't let imports in.
    Risking legal issues is exactly what needs to happen (same as with the stupid 10/22 mag issue). Everything they have modified meets the legal requirements laid out in our laws, and I doubt the 'variant' argument would carry any weight, as, to the best of my knowledge, they have never defined it in the legislation and the common language definition of 'variant' would not make a mossberg 715 a variant of an M16.

I'm honestly wondering if someone in the lab is working to undermine the whole OIC.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    How the FUK is the average person supposed to know what can be used, traded, sold or bought privately from day to day? I've had enough already as well! The only hope I have for the future for my family and myself is that I live in Alberta at this point.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Can anyone with access to the live FRT confirm the status of the Bushmaster ACR?