Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Importing your prohibited firearm into the US to sell or for storage in AZ

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    What's the logical sense of storing your firearm across the border? Even temporary? If say in two years this mess will clear up, you spend $600 for storage fees plus export-import back and forth plus shipping will cost you how much? If OIC will stick, then it will be no reason to store it any further and you sell at a big loss. Might so sell it directly to Blair and perhaps be better of. In both scenarios you comply as you get rid of your gun one way or another. But selling it to the american dude you help Blair my making him saving on final bill for this project.

Besides, their "sporting firearm" definition seems opposite to our "assault style", which makes many of our prohibs not eligible for exporting to US.
    Store in the US and start the process of buying US property.

So if it's a recently made African double rifle in a prohibited caliber here it would still have to receive a importers mark? Sounds like a good way to ruin the value on shootable art

Just out of curiosity, would something like a Springfield M1A NM qualify to be sold or transferred to the states?

Tagged for interest
    "What do you mean I can't buy a machine gun"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by skidrowe66 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would something like a Springfield M1A NM qualify to be sold or transferred to the states?
    Here are the criterais for rifles:

B. Criteria for Rifles
    As stated above, there are two ATF studies on sporting purposes as that term is applied to rifles; the first published in 1989 and the second in 1998. The 1998 study modified the criteria announced in the 1989 study, and we will focus on the more recent criteria. In the 1998 study, titled “Department of the Treasury Study on the Sporting Suitability of Modified Semiautomatic Assault Rifles,” ATF specified the following criteria for determining whether a semiautomatic rifle is a nonsporting rifle: (1) the rifle is a semiautomatic version of a machine gun; (2) the rifle is chambered to accept a centerfire cartridge case having a length of 2.25 inches or less; and (3) the rifle has one or more of the following military features:
    •Ability to accept a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds
    •Folding or telescoping stock
    •Separate pistol grip
    •Ability to accept a bayonet
    •Flash suppressor
    •Bipod
    •Grenade launcher
    •Nightsights
    I guess if yours doesn't have a bayonet lug or a flash suppressor it's good for export.

The pistol grip alone disqualifies almost everything from the OIC list.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    Store in the US and start the process of buying US property.
    Start buying process now, wait until a month or 2 before end of amnesty then export for storage.

There is a current shortage of certain firearms here in the U.S which has increased retail values and demand. If you are contemplating selling your firearm in the U.S now would be the time... Please check www.gunbroker.com which will allow you to obtain current sale prices.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 06-23-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Damn Justin Trudeau...
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by LouF View Post
    I'd rather sell it in the states then give it to these morons!
    Wise move, we will not deal with them ever again.

BANNED
    I imported by AR-15 30 years ago from the US by myself, could I export it myself and have you store it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast