Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Importing your prohibited firearm into the US to sell or for storage in AZ

I have a sledge hammer ready to work on my reclassified guns!
    Just like they did in New Zealand!

CGN Regular
    just hide your non restricteds if this doesnt get reversed in court!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Here are the criterais for rifles:

"B. Criteria for Rifles
    As stated above, there are two ATF studies on sporting purposes as that term is applied to rifles; the first published in 1989 and the second in 1998. The 1998 study modified the criteria announced in the 1989 study, and we will focus on the more recent criteria. In the 1998 study, titled “Department of the Treasury Study on the Sporting Suitability of Modified Semiautomatic Assault Rifles,” ATF specified the following criteria for determining whether a semiautomatic rifle is a nonsporting rifle:

(1) the rifle is a semiautomatic version of a machine gun;

(2) the rifle is chambered to accept a centerfire cartridge case having a length of 2.25 inches or less; and (3) the rifle has one or more of the following military features:
    •Ability to accept a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds
    •Folding or telescoping stock
    •Separate pistol grip
    •Ability to accept a bayonet
    •Flash suppressor
    •Bipod
    •Grenade launcher
    •Nightsights"

I guess if yours doesn't have a bayonet lug or a flash suppressor it's good for export.

The pistol grip alone disqualifies almost everything from the OIC list.
    I agree. No doubt many of the above criteria may have been the ciriteria that Canadian classifiers used to put firearms on the OIC list in the first place. For example, "the ability to accept a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds" is going to exclude many of the firearms on the OIC list from import in the US. As you say, "separate pistol grip" is going to practically exclude "almost everything from the OIC list".

I'd be interested to know which firearms among the 1500+ that were re-classified as prohibited on the OIC list would be acceptable for import into the US. I'll bet the list would be pretty short.

While I'm typing, is it the firearm's model (and that model's original configuration) that is the deciding factor when it comes to importing into the US, or is it the "as imported" configuration of the individual firearm? For example, purely hypothetically speaking, if a VZ58 had its flash suppressor, bayonet mount and separate pistol grip removed (with the latter replaced with, say, a stock that had an integrated grip), would it be eligible for import into the US? (Of course the mag well would have to also be changed to only allow magazines of less than 11 rounds, which is probably impossible, right? In other words, bloody hopeless for import.)
    Last edited by Iloverevolvers; 07-01-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Most firearms can come back into the US, AR and or variants of the AR-10 or AR-15 are not admissible into the US unless we originally mitigated the export.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iloverevolvers View Post
    I agree. No doubt many of the above criteria may have been the ciriteria that Canadian classifiers used to put firearms on the OIC list in the first place. For example, "the ability to accept a detachable magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds" is going to exclude many of the firearms on the OIC list from import in the US. As you say, "separate pistol grip" is going to practically exclude "almost everything from the OIC list".

I'd be interested to know which firearms among the 1500+ that were re-classified as prohibited on the OIC list would be acceptable for import into the US. I'll bet the list would be pretty short.

While I'm typing, is it the firearm's model (and that model's original configuration) that is the deciding factor when it comes to importing into the US, or is it the "as imported" configuration of the individual firearm? For example, purely hypothetically speaking, if a VZ58 had its flash suppressor, bayonet mount and separate pistol grip removed (with the latter replaced with, say, a stock that had an integrated grip), would it be eligible for import into the US? (Of course the mag well would have to also be changed to only allow magazines of less than 11 rounds, which is probably impossible, right? In other words, bloody hopeless for import.)

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Most firearms can come back into the US, AR and or variants of the AR-10 or AR-15 are not admissible into the US unless we originally mitigated the export.

Hope this helps.
    Yes, it does (unfortunately). Thanks.

GunNutz
    Has anyone used IRG's service to import back to the US? Any feedback on experience would be appreciated (by PM is fine).
    Last edited by vp6111; 10-13-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vp6111 View Post
    Has anyone used IRG's service to import back to the US? Any feedback on experience would be appreciated (by PM is fine).
    Got a friend just going the process now. Its been about a month and it is not listed yet in the US. That being said the rifles going back I dont think are going south asap. he was told at the time of getting it there that shipments back down on not as regular as the ones coming north. Im just glad they are offering the service as otherwise he is hooped. I dont know of any other retailer that is offering to help this way either.
    Last edited by GMHVAC; 10-14-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vp6111 View Post
    I exported 3 of my AR15's after the election in 2019. Ones that I had originally purchased from IRG. Cost, if I remember correctly was about $225USD per firearm and shipping. I gave them to a friend of mine in Arkansas for safe keeping. Timeline was about 3months from when I started the process until they were at my friends house, but that was pre Covid, so who knows how long it would take now.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I exported 3 of my AR15's after the election in 2019. Ones that I had originally purchased from IRG. Cost, if I remember correctly was about $225USD per firearm and shipping. I gave them to a friend of mine in Arkansas for safe keeping. Timeline was about 3months from when I started the process until they were at my friends house, but that was pre Covid, so who knows how long it would take now.
    Thanks

Sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead, but is this service still going to be available? Have two PSA AR-15's I bought from you guys that I'd rather send back than have destroyed if Trudeau and drunk Bill decides on mandatory confiscation. Thanks.
    CSSA - CCFR - NFA - GOA

"Lex iniusta non est lex" - St. Augustine

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast