Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to buy a firearm in these times in Canada?

hate reading this thread when my CC balance is zero :-)

yes buy it, preferably NR so that when dear leader blackface comes for the restricted, you are not a sheep who needs the state police to protect you and your family.

CGN Regular
    Do you have home/rental insurance, life insurance, car insurance??? Buy a NR and some bulk ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Buy every gun that your heart desires
    And the most important thing is, if your new gun becomes prohibited, DO NOT COMPLY!!

Buy a 20 gauge just in case. May as well have one if your first is one of those scary evil 12 ga shot guns. Always nice to have neat stuff but while government going apes$$t and banning derivatives of derivatives play it safer.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Control Advocate View Post
    If you want an honest opinion - the vast majority of guns suck as an investment. Some are great tools, sport equipment, or toys, almost none see their market value increase over time vs a properly balanced and diversified investment portfolio.

I have a few fast and reliable R and NR sport builds that I enjoy very much, but I don't think I would be able to recover the cost if I sold them (a bunch are temporarily banned anyway, thanks to Mr Blackface). This is a fairly expensive hobby funded out of my disposable income. If needed, the same hardware can double as tools, e.g. for hunting. But investment? Look elsewhere.

How are you going to use the second shotgun? Does it add certain functionality that you need/want and the first shotgun does not deliver?
    Military surplus has been a great investment.

Who wouldn't load up on $20 SMLEs if time travel back to the '60s were possible?
    Remember High River! Who's protecting YOUR civil rights?

Bernier...who?

I would and did buy guns before the ban.
    Short on cash right now but I would buy more.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Control Advocate View Post
    If you want an honest opinion - the vast majority of guns suck as an investment. Some are great tools, sport equipment, or toys, almost none see their market value increase over time vs a properly balanced and diversified investment portfolio.

I have a few fast and reliable R and NR sport builds that I enjoy very much, but I don't think I would be able to recover the cost if I sold them (a bunch are temporarily banned anyway, thanks to Mr Blackface). This is a fairly expensive hobby funded out of my disposable income. If needed, the same hardware can double as tools, e.g. for hunting. But investment? Look elsewhere.

How are you going to use the second shotgun? Does it add certain functionality that you need/want and the first shotgun does not deliver?
    Perhaps ammunition might be considered an investment. Haven't seen prices going down.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Yes, this is an investment which will pay you back in recreational pleasure, education and ultimately in a financial gain.

You could buy a new video game and pretend ... ha,ha
    "iacta alea est"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast