Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browning Buck Mark Target Stainless Rifle, 22 LR Shot Show Special

CGN frequent flyer
    Had one that developed a slide stop issue, basically the grip was not exactly flat with the frame, causing the slide stop to ride outside the cutout groove causing frame damage.

In order to drop slide, you had to pull the slide back and drop the slide stop with the other hand then let the slide slingshot forward. I got rid of it.

The only firearm I sold that I missed. Love my buckmark camper pistol though.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    Had one that developed a slide stop issue, basically the grip was not exactly flat with the frame, causing the slide stop to ride outside the cutout groove causing frame damage.

In order to drop slide, you had to pull the slide back and drop the slide stop with the other hand then let the slide slingshot forward. I got rid of it.

The only firearm I sold that I missed. Love my buckmark camper pistol though.
    I had the exact same problem. But the guys at Browning more than made up for it. They are truly awesome.

CGN frequent flyer
    How did they fix it, replace the frame?

In hindsight, I was thinking about welding a blob and then taking a dremel and reshape/fix the groove damage.

CGN Regular
    Let me just say it's worth it to give them a call about it. I called on the off chance they might have some insight on the issue, or optimistically even send me the part. But the customer service from Browning is truly above and beyond. I'm on the lookout for a new rifle for hunting season, and my choices are now narrowed down to Browning and Winchester (because they're also Browning now haha).

CGN frequent flyer
    If you go to browning's website, the buckmark rifle is under the section of discontinued rifles

If you go to browning's website, the buckmark rifle is under the section of discontinued rifles
    Yeah, some models are not in production anymore but 3 models are still in current production.https://www.browning.com/products/fi...roduction.html

CGN frequent flyer
    This looks like an updated site:

https://browning.com/products/firearms/rifles.html

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you do a search for the buckmark sporter it is still there but probably that will gone as well eventually

Ah, just got a reply from Rangeview Sports that Browning as indeed abruptly ceased production of the Buck Mark Rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Too bad it is being discontinued. Unique, practical, and reliable. Love mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast