CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120

Thread: 460 Wby really is prohibited

  1. #101
    Super GunNutz R005t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kawartha Lakes
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    Youíre right, no one will do anything stupid because we are vetted, licensed owners and good people. The problem is the government doesnít think that is the case.

    CommonCents nailed it though. The end game here is civil disarmament for fear of uprisings when populations are forced into authoritarian rule. This line of logic is well documented and discussed by major world governance organizations like the UN.

    If you apply that logic to the OIC it only makes sense. Historically there has been very little gun violence and mass shootings in Canada compared to other places in the world from licensed owners. The most recent one surrounded by controversy and loose details, as well as suspiciously convenient timing. They are attacking the license holders (tax payers, good Canadians) because that is who they are afraid of. They donít actually give a crap about gangs and gun crime and welcome more of it because it helps them pass laws.

    They targeted semi autos and long range, heavy hitting calibers. These guns arenít used by criminals like you say. The government fears the citizens, and this is timely based on the ďnew normalĒ authoritarian overreach we find ourselves in today. They are worried people will try to stop them from their agenda, as wrong as they are on that.

    They donít care if you get shot. They are worried about themselves like any natural politician.
    The Czech Republic is looking better all the time.
    Stupidity is its own punishment.

  2. #102
    GunNutz can14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,347
    Big calibre bolt action sporting rifles will always be in demand overseas.
    Europe, America etc

  3. #103
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    Youíre right, no one will do anything stupid because we are vetted, licensed owners and good people. The problem is the government doesnít think that is the case.

    CommonCents nailed it though. The end game here is civil disarmament for fear of uprisings when populations are forced into authoritarian rule. This line of logic is well documented and discussed by major world governance organizations like the UN.

    If you apply that logic to the OIC it only makes sense. Historically there has been very little gun violence and mass shootings in Canada compared to other places in the world from licensed owners. The most recent one surrounded by controversy and loose details, as well as suspiciously convenient timing. They are attacking the license holders (tax payers, good Canadians) because that is who they are afraid of. They donít actually give a crap about gangs and gun crime and welcome more of it because it helps them pass laws.

    They targeted semi autos and long range, heavy hitting calibers. These guns arenít used by criminals like you say. The government fears the citizens, and this is timely based on the ďnew normalĒ authoritarian overreach we find ourselves in today. They are worried people will try to stop them from their agenda, as wrong as they are on that.

    They donít care if you get shot. They are worried about themselves like any natural politician.
    any smart person knows civil dissarmament will NEVER happen,,not in this day and age,everybody knows the crazy sh&t happening all over the world,and seeing as 99% of the guns in canada are unrestricted,and they have have no clue who has what and where,dissarmament will never happen,gun owners aren't that stupid to give up their stuff because some bleeding heart libtard is affraid of us,LOL

  4. #104
    CGN Regular Brassman66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Victoria BC or up the Creek northeast of Prince George
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    I donít understand why a guy like this donít take a million bucks and hire the best damn team of lawyers out there and fight this.
    It is because they have learned that trying to change in a civilized way a Ideologically driven Governments direction is as useless as it can be. Really rich People usually own Residences in other Country's where they can do as they please including possessing Firearms they could not possess in Canada.

    Was it Napoleon whom said nothing will ever really change unless Heads are chopped off and Blood is spilled. A more civilized Soul mentioned, if voting would change anything it would have been outlawed long time ago.

    Cheers

  5. #105
    CGN Regular Jonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    317
    delete

  6. #106
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    any smart person knows civil dissarmament will NEVER happen,,not in this day and age,everybody knows the crazy sh&t happening all over the world,and seeing as 99% of the guns in canada are unrestricted,and they have have no clue who has what and where,dissarmament will never happen,gun owners aren't that stupid to give up their stuff because some bleeding heart libtard is affraid of us,LOL
    Well, they were stupid enough to register their guns for the first LGR. And I don't think we've gotten any smarter.

  7. #107
    CGN Regular horkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NW Ontario
    Posts
    213
    Targetted at trophy hunters. I knew a man locally used it for bear just loaded it lighter.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  8. #108
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Well, they were stupid enough to register their guns for the first LGR. And I don't think we've gotten any smarter.
    actually you are quite wrong on that one,the original LGR only ever got less than 15% compliance,they kept extending the amnesty period over and over,and threatening jail time and anything else they could think of to try and scare people into registering their firearms,it never worked and they just gave up when they saw that 85% of gun owner told them to go pound sand,and that 15% is right from someone who was working that LGR program,they never broke the 15% of the known guns in canada at the time,and that's not even mentioning the 1000's of restricted and prohibs that they simply lost tract of,lots of these out there still on the old green card reg,that people still think is registered,LOL,,disarmament is a Liberal pipe dream,that will never happen,

  9. #109
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Trent Hill
    Posts
    2,427
    Wasn't it in still the 90's you could buy AR's & AK's, off the shelf..just with the old brown FAC? So, would have been no trail of them I guess..Did people line up to Register them back then when told to?

  10. #110
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,425
    Delete

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •