Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 460 Wby really is prohibited

Quote Originally Posted by laughingswordfish View Post
    You know... that is a great idea. I've donated money towards the gofundme, but what about if people could donate firearms towards the cause?

Basically donate a firearm to a dealer (or group of dealers) that could then be sold and the money put towards the gofundme. Dealer takes a reasonable cut to cover expenses and profit.

It is beautiful in every way - money towards the legal fund, profit for a retailer, someone gets a new firearm and people would be donating firearms to fight to keep firearms.

There would have to be some rules so it wasn't just people sending broken junk off.. Like must be in safe working order, minimum value of xyz, etc.

I would also support the dealer being able to make profit off it (where I can see some would want to just cover their costs). I want to see firearm dealers thriving and successful.
    Good idea. I might have, or maybe not, some prohibiteds that I'd be willing to donate -- if I have them.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVR View Post
    Imagine paying $400K for a gun... crazy
    That's getting into government work territory. "Real guns have wheels." (or tracks)
    Bomb 'em back to the stone age. ... Curtis Lemay

Tax 'em back to the stone age. ...Justin Trudeau

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Some people got to much money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Evanguy's Avatar
    I have a 460 weatherby but i didnt cost near that much, and i was thinking 3000 was a lot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Utter stupidity that they say this won’t affect hunting, when they’ve pulled some fine English doubles under this ban. More will come.

It’s a dream to own a .577 I just received my first Double rifle. 450 no 2 and when the ban was announced I had to do some quick math to see if it was prohibited but under the .600 NE Obviously .

And punt guns are even more moronic. This has to one of the dumbest things I’ve seen a government try to accomplish. It does not hit the mark one bit.

I was having beers with a government writer who when I mentioned the bans, he said oh boohoo guys don’t get to play with their toys. I played it cool and explained it’s affecting hunting rifles and shotguns aswell now. He atleast was receptive and seemed surprised to find out the extent of the ban
    In a way im glad they did this. Theyre pissing off people who are used to getting their way. If he can pay 400k for a gun you know he has politicians on both sides of the aisle on speed dial.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    Why couldn't the idiots at LEAST leave the African DG cartridges alone?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by propliner View Post
    Because they're "dangerous"

Quote Originally Posted by propliner View Post
    It would be the sweetest poetic justice if Trudeau were trampled to death by a charging elephant.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    1 ft/lb = to 1.35582 J to get your conversions tp metric.

Just to point out, If you shoot the 460 Weatherby with a 450 gr (29 g) Truncated solid @ 2,660 ft/s, 7,072 ft/lbs which is 9491J then what?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    We have a Westley Richards 577 Nito coming in (@243K US$ !!) in a couple of weeks. Just checked, still NR (for now) Guy waited four years and will be into it for just about exactly 400K CAN$ by the time it's in his hands. I wonder what compensation the government would be will to do if they were to confiscate it if it goes to prohib? (hate calling it a buyback when they never owned them in the first place)
    .577 Nitro Express 750 gr (49 g) 2,050 ft/s (620 m/s) 7,010 ft⋅lbf (9,500 J)