Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: COVID, et al and your buying habits

I've donated to the ccfr and joined the cpc again, supported LGS when they had stock available. I've been watching the retail prices up 20 to 30 percent across the board on my normal purchases, but EE and gunpost have been fair when the normal budget is cut. The range being back open has been a stress relief but not the same without ipsc nights and guest privileges.

always buying
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

BANNED
    Went on a buying spree a year ago... when it became obvious as heck that this ban was gonna get dropped on us the way it did.

Now buying has stopped, except for the occasional deal or for select items.

-bulk ammo in the calibres that matter
    -parts kits and redundant bits, to keep our rifles functioning for years to come once even parts sales becomes illegal
    -any quality semi that comes up for a super price. Not too interested in cheap plastic anymore. Looking to line my walls with hardy/reliable semis and guns that someday my grandkids can pick up and still shoot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    -parts kits and redundant bits, to keep our rifles functioning for years to come once even parts sales becomes illegal
    Two is one.

One is none.

When you have none, you are done.

Moral of the story ?

You need at least 3 of everything.

There is a couple guns I want but nobody has them in stock. So Covid is effecting my buying due to stock shortages.

More! As a veteran of several droughts in supply, as a competitive shooter ALWAYS have a minimum two years supply of components on hand + simple things like .22 ammo
    Better to have it and not need it. If it is a FAIR price (given USD/supply) and not fear gouging (take the price of PC carbines for example) I am buying still.
    Granted I am likely loosing $20k worth of competition gear, until it is really over for good, I will try my best to support the shooting sports.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I may send out a survey on this subject, but I thought I'd ask here first.

How has COVID and the new gun ban affected your gun buying?

Are you buying less/more?

Buying different things?

We have seen what is likly the biggest 1 2 punch against the industry in it's history.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    More! As a veteran of several droughts in supply, as a competitive shooter ALWAYS have a minimum two years supply of components on hand + simple things like .22 ammo
    Better to have it and not need it. If it is a FAIR price (given USD/supply) and not fear gouging (take the price of PC carbines for example) I am buying still.
    Granted I am likely loosing $20k worth of competition gear, until it is really over for good, I will try my best to support the shooting sports.
    22 is something you cannot have enough off.

It works for training.

It works for small game of all sorts.

It works for defense (far more than people may think).

It remains cheap and available.

CGN frequent flyer
    So far this year I bought 2 pistols and 2 rifles, waiting to get 1 pistol approved, probably won't be until mid August or September. Just need a few small items nothing major, been buying ammo non-stop, picked up some 22lr from my friend Monday, going to the store tomorrow to buy more 9mm. I only shoot 22lr and 9mm. No more firearms this year for me, I got to enjoy what I have. Next year will be a high end 9mm pistol, a nice 22lr bolt action rifle, and maybe a nice shotgun for trapshooting if I decide to get into it.

Stopped buying completely, I have come to terms Canada is not going to be a firearm friendly country and have moved on to other hobbies.

CGN frequent flyer
    No change.

I didn’t own anything affected by the OIC. I also don’t buy many guns anymore as I’ve got all the ones I need, so it’s mostly just components & cleaning supplies.