Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID, et al and your buying habits

I always wanted to get into reloading so when I noticed stores were selling out of ammunition I got the last few remaining cases of 556, 7.62x39 and I got into reloading which was timely due to the COVID lockdown. Got 10 lbs of powder, 3,500 bullets of various calibers, a RCBS charge master and a RCBS cleaning station.
    I am donating $50 monthly to the CCFR until the end of the court actions. That will impact spending budget but it's for a good cause.
    I will likely not buy any tactical looking semi-auto rifle due to the uncertainty created by the RCMP's new interpretation of a variant and reclassifying non-restricted rifles BUT I will buy a SIG CROSS in 6.5 mm once it's available in camo in the fall. I was planning to take my RPAL course in April but due to COVID, I will take the course when ever it become available and likely get a nice handgun shortly after I receive my RPAL.
    NOTE: Now that I am reloading quality ammo, I will likely get a nice high magnification scope for target shooting with the SIG CROSS. Considering the monthly donations to the CCFR, I will most likely buy the scope used on the equipment exchange.
    Last edited by Radiohead; 06-22-2020 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added the note about the optic purchase.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Never purchased as much in my entire life,
    Any money Justin throws towards my direction is spent 100% on guns, as I already had plenty of savings to ride this out...

Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Got a brownell order refused by the cbsa with ar parts in it. Since then im on parts buying spree
    Same just happened to me a few days ago.. Blair must have told them something..

Less for sure with all the uncertainty in the air. Who knows what they will come after next.

During covid and OIC I've bought three rifles,one handgun ,another keg of powder,50000 primers( rifle&pistol) another 8000 projectiles are due in a day or two, a compound bow , and one of those
    crazy things that you screw onto the end of a garden hose and turn on and it goes nuts flying all over the yard........life is good

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Need a supply of h&k sl8 rifles. All out of stock.

Didnt stop buying, but only shifted budget more on essential supplies, parts, mags, ammo, igloo shirts, ppe, and shtf gear.

CGN Regular
    Job situation has been holding me back. But OIC inspired me to buy more. Would be buying a shyte ton more if it werent for the job situation. Screw the liberals.

More ammo and components and less firearms. Also trying to clear up projects in progress.

All my firearms are non-restricted and for hunting purposes and because of covid i purchased some additional hunting ammo due to reduced inventory, after the first of May i renewed my membership to the OFAH, and also purchased a membership to the NFA, CCFR, CSSA, and also joined the Conservative party membership. so I spent more than I typically spend this time of year.