COVID, et al and your buying habits

CanAm

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor
I may send out a survey on this subject, but I thought I'd ask here first.

How has COVID and the new gun ban affected your gun buying?

Are you buying less/more?

Buying different things?

We have seen what is likly the biggest 1 2 punch against the industry in it's history.

less of some things more of others.

on a COMPLETELY unrelated topic... you need more bulk reloading stuff... projectiles... primers....

And ammo... just saying.

I know the majority of my friends who have firearms licenses spending habits/planned purchases have not changed, they very rarely buy anything and the ban/covid hasn't motivated them to stock up on anything.

But there is certainly 1 or 2 who are much more into shooting/hunting than the rest that have purchased an astronomical amount more. Essentially anything they can imagine needing over the next 10 years and everything they've kinda wanted but put off for whatever reason they've bought up, lol.

I would be seriously surprised if covid/OIC did anything but massively increase sales overall, but then again with all the ranges closed people are probably not using ammo like before, but again, with rumours of bulk going prohib/becoming unavailable I know
people are buying 10s of 1000s of rounds they wouldnt be buying otherwise

With COVID, I got rid of the more specialized calibres (6.5 CM, .300 BO) and concentrated on the commonly available and most versatile ones (.223, .308, 9mm, .22LR, 12 Ga). So in effect, I decided to have fewer guns (I sold after COVID pandemic started, but just before the ban) so I'm only keeping my most practical and my favourites. But I'm using that money to get more ammo, more reloading components, and to have the exact optics and accessories I wanted, so no compromises.

If I'm going to have fewer guns, I'm going to use them more and enjoy them more.

But that's just me.

Last edited:
I used to buy quite a few firearms but since the Wuhan Flu started the only firearm I bought was a 8.5" Grizzly from you.

My buying habits have shifted to more parts and lots more ammo. A firearm is useless if you can't keep it fixed or fed once supply dries up. And supply IS drying up.

EDIT: plus a portion of what would be my usual firearms stuff budget has been going to the various legal challenges instead.

Last edited:
The pandemie made buying the anime stuff i usually spend all my money on impossible or really annoying/expensive to get , so now with that saved up money I can buy a new gun for the first time in years which is nice lol.

Buying more. Since my AR15 - AR10 and my M1A are grounded, purchased two bolt guns - one .308 and one .223. Also found a deal on a Savage 6.5-284 and went with that..got another deal on same model 6 BR and purchased it.
And last but not the least ..my BUL open gun arrived at Freedom Ventures..awaiting delivery...add bullets, brass And dies for the 6 mm and 6.5...definitely more buying this year..

I used to buy at least 2 or 3 rifles per month before COVID and gun ban but now is zero, not a single accessories or any gun related.

I bought a few expensive Japanese steel and collectable vehicles instead.

Back
Top Bottom