Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: COVID, et al and your buying habits

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    My answer to the question:

Scamdemic has not changed my buying habits at all. Same level of purchasing handguns/long guns/ammo. I have not bought reloading components for years because I have enough.
    Last edited by Cocked&Locked; 07-09-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I bought a whole bunch (for me anyways) of ammo when the Covid kicked off, took advantage of some decent March Break sales and stocked up before the supply dwindled.

As for firearms purchasing, I'd say that took a significant hit. I kinda cooled off a bit on the firearms simply because the ranges were closed and all this ban stuff was getting to me and I needed to back away for a bit. I'm especially hesitant to buy restricteds of any kind because of the ontaribble transfer times. The only firearms I'm planning to purchase over the rest of the year is a S&W 1911 E-Series if I can find one when the time is right.
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

BANNED
    I spent the last 10 years buying everything I needed. Now im just hunkering down and waiting for the storm to pass ! Ever since the libtards got in power I stop buying and sold off all the useless guns I had. No point of having more than you can carry.

I want to add a handgun to my collection but im hesitant...just wanting to see what happens first. Loaded up on ammo before it all happened, picked up a new 12g too, now just relaxin till it "blows over"

All I see is "Out of Stock", so I have been buying way less as a Forced result.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Just ran across this thread in a search for another COVID-related discussion which seems to have vanished... and looking through it, I'm wondering if reviving the discussion might be relevant now? With the OiC deadline soon approaching (is everyone excited?!) and with COVID now apparently over and the potential for WWIII opening up as the new distraction/obsession for online discussion, how's everyone's perspectives doing for a) gun purchases, b) ammo stockpiling, and c) general thoughts around firearms and the current state of political affairs?

For my part, I bought several firearms over the past two years. Finally settled on a hunting rifle calibre and platform last fall when my crypto investments took a momentary jump, enabling purchase of a Sig Cross in 6.5CM. Crypto has gone sour ever since so no proper scope for it yet, and I'm not a hunter yet either, so not really a problem for the moment, just glad to have that decision and purchase out of the way, with a placeholder 2-7x Leupold mounted and zeroed, and a 5-25x Vortex Venom FFP scope planned for next time money is happening.

I also grabbed a couple of 870's early on and kitted them out for general applicability, whatever comes down the road, lots of 00 buck, 1oz low recoil slugs, and birdshot stacked to feed them, though I'm not really a shotgun guy.

And a couple of .22lr things - a 10/22 and a GSG-16, both tweaked to be 100% reliable with CCI SV, sort of rounding things out.

Oh, and my main gun friend is a TNW ASR in 9mm, but that was a pre-pandemic purchase, the spring before it officially hit - though evidence from sewage water analysis, and from donated blood in a couple of European countries, indicates COVID presence as early as May, in Italy, and September in France and Germany, so... I guess the TNW purchase fit within the COVID timeframe, if only from a scientific, not political/news cycle perspective. Love this little carbine. Got a surprisingly nice Visionking 2-10x32 FFP scope for it, with 30mm tube so it's bright. Very crisp view to 100 yards - I can easily make out my shots on a white target in forest daylight at 10x.

Not feeling any pressing need for other firearms. Ammo situation is good, but can always be added to, if and when I can afford it and find something reasonably priced. With the political situation seemingly unstable and worsening, state of the USD tracking similarly, I'd say it feels pretty good to have my bases covered in case of upcoming severe shortages and worse.

CGN frequent flyer
    Buying more, nothing has made me rethink or reduce interest.

CGN frequent flyer
    I buy what is currently legal. If the government bans and seizes it, they better plan on reimbursing me for same.

buying more, as i know more stuff is getting hard to get. id rather get whatever i need now for years to come

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    I buy what is currently legal. If the government bans and seizes it, they better plan on reimbursing me for same.
    Reimbursing you? This must be your first communist revolution. You don’t play these games with communists and you certainly NEVER give up your guns to the enemy regardless of whatever “reimbursement” or buy back plans they have.

Seriously, Canadians need to find their brains and balls before it’s too late. We have satanic pedophiles running the country (literally) and they are worried about legal and responsible gun owners exercising their God given rights? You don’t negotiate with these psychopaths you stand your ground at all a costs. Every act of capitulation just emboldens them.

THEY are the criminals, not us!