Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rhineland Enfield and Mauser Conversions to .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by 70m4h4wk View Post
    Those are all modified .45 ACP cartridges. They have the same outside dimensions, and will feed from 1911 mags and chamber in .45 acp chambers. The brass is thicker to withstand higher pressures, so you can get more velocity out of regular .45 ACP projectiles. It's an easy way to hotrod a 1911, or in this case, hopefully, an Enfield.
    Pretty sure they are...i used 45-08 in 1911's. Look at the thickness of the 1911 barrel at the chamber. To screw a barrel into an Enfield or Mauser receiver,they have to be 4 times the material.Can't blow that up with whatever fits in a 45 acp case.

CG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So these work with the unmodified 1911 mags? Early kit models had a rib soldered to the back of the 1911 mag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    Yes, the .45 mags are unmodified.
    There is no positive stop. You insert it till there is a click. If you keep pushing, it keeps going further in, which will foul the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
    Can the magazine adapter be modified or redesigned to take alternate brands of magazines? Glock mags for example?
    No. Before Wolverines made these available, me and a buddy were trying to figure an alternative... Thought about welding a uzi mag into a LE mag. But the magwell tapers and magazine is too wide. The mag had to sit far back, that gun probably wouldn't chamber well, due to a huge gap between the mag and the chamber.

1911 mags are cheap enough.

Not everything has to take Glock magazines.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

ETA on these?
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

Also looking for an ETA. I am on your list but haven’t heard back for awhile! I’m amped for these cool conversions

Also wondering on eta my enfield is all ready to go lol

looks like kits and mag adaptors are back in stock
    have not forgotten the forgotten Winchesters ,the models 1905, 1907, and 1910 self-loading rifles
    martinis too

Just got mine. Very excited to see it in action. Any recommendations for sights? I'm going to need front and rear irons or a rail or something.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    One thing that needs to be sorted is an ejector. You do need a method to kick that shell out.