Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not something you see everyday - rifle

There is nothing unique about it. A so-so conversion of a Schmidt Rubin 7.5 to 30-30. Had one and not impressed with function or accuracy of the 30-30 in that barrel. A realistic price is more inline with $150.00 for the novelty not the collector.
    I've traveled a long way and a lot of the roads were not paved.

Ya I can’t see a collector wanting that I had one and ended up parting it out I think I still have the rest of it around if you want it it’s yours free just cover the shipping

Business Member
    Sold for $350.
    Thank you CGN for helping us find a new owner.

Came to comment on just how dang rare these are. I've done quite a bit of digging over the last couple of years.

In the 60's, a company in the USA imported a whole whack of Swiss rifles, sporterized most of them, then Globco imported a bunch into Canada, converting a chunk of those to .308. Now, this where we get into the fun stuff. A handful of those sporters NOT converted to 308 were converted to 30-30!

I grabbed one from an auction a few years ago, and honestly, it's one of my favourite guns to shoot

My buddies dad had one of those things in 6.5 carcano. Was a interesting piece of machinery. He probably still has it.
    "People who have never owned or used one claim that the Remington pump guns are not as accurate as their bolt guns.

And the people who own and shoot them just chuckle at those statements."

Probably a Schmidt-Rubin 1889, there where a batch of these that were converted to 30-30. I have one I paid $100 for a few months ago, and it is probably one of my favourite guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    This isn't your 10/22. This is a firearm for a collector looking for an incredibly unique piece. Considering it is pre WW2 it is in stellar condition. Even as a wall hanger this is a great buy at $350.
    As far a load issues - we haven't fired it and the owner said that it works. That is all we are able to discern.
    Saw one in a store in Delhi a year or so ago; they had $250 on it, and it did look nice. However it is still a Bubba'd Military rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Nothing uncommon about that rifle. Perhaps except for the price.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

There was nothing uncommon about these guns 30 fricken years ago you old fogies!!! Go ahead and find one that has come up for sale in the last decade!
    "I probably don't know half as much about this as I think I do."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatchRat View Post
    There was nothing uncommon about these guns 30 fricken years ago you old fogies!!! Go ahead and find one that has come up for sale in the last decade!
    These are being regularly offered for sale on the equipment exchange forum.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast