Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post late delivery refund

Quote Originally Posted by Air2Air View Post
    Hello IRG,

As many here, I'm extremely annoyed with Canada Post that continues charging insane prices without delivering the "service" we're paying for. Ideally, I think you should be reconsidering using them altogether, or at least adding options for competing services so that buyers have the opportunity to vote with their wallets. However, my main question is whether you would be willing to submit requests for refund for late delivery on our behalf. Unfortunately, CP will only accept such requests from the sender who has the receipt, so we can't do it ourselves. I hope you understand the frustration and accept some responsibility for locking your buyers to the service that looks more like a scam, and we can work something out.
    "They have temporary SUSPENDED the Delivery Standard Guarantee during the pandemic "
    CCFR, CSSA, IPSC, Law Abiding Gun Owners - Buy patch here -> lago.ecwid.com

A friend of mine ordered a gun and it was sent through CP no problem. Except the post sent it to another address in his area. Yes, thats right our illustrious postal service does make mistakes BUT here's the kicker, after my friend contacted CP they said it was delivered and it was HIS responsibility because he (supposedly) had positions even though it was delivered to the wrong address. My friend had to go to the post office to provide his TRUE address at which time the police were called in to help retrieve his gun from wrong address. Mine you this took place over 5 days and luckily the person at the address didn't even know the package was in between his front doors FOR 5 DAYS.
    You and I both know that IF anything was done to fix that problem it was never made public.
    A salute to our troops as I was an active reservist!

IRUNGUNS will be keeping these threads open so please post your Canada Post experiences here.

We have had a conference call this morning to address your concerns with our rep and the Regional Manager for Canada Post.
    We will also be having a follow-up call in 2 weeks in the hopes of addressing some sort of improvement in their service.
    This thread will also give us the opportunity to share your concerns by sharing your experiences with them.
    They have offered further rate reductions through their API so there will be some savings which will be past to the consumer. The discounts are marginal, 5 to 8% but they will help.

IRUNGUNS uses Canada Post due to the amount of rural business we have as other carriers do not offer service to some of these locations given that IRUNGUNS sell across Canada.
    IRUNGUNS also uses Canada Post insurance coverage rates on all packages.
    This is done to not only protect you but to protect us as a business.

Point and case.

The GSG-16 comes from Germany which is shipped directly to ATI. ATI ships the rifle out to distribution, distribution ships it to IRUNGUNS.
    IRUNGUNS sells said rifle to someone in Canada. We export the rifle to Canada where the serial number and rifle are confirmed and checked before shipping it out to the end user.
    The rifle travels around the globe problem free but the end user in Canada receives the rifle with a broken sight.

Someone must pay for that, its not the customers fault, but its not ours either.
    We understand things happen occasionally and as such we would cover the costs but when it becomes problematic, things need to change.

So, we made the insurance optional, well that did not work either.
    A hand full of people ruined it for everyone else.
    If you sign a waiver and decline coverage on your package and afterwards it shows up damaged well the onus is on you.
    Not for IRUNGUNS to send you a new gun.

What further baffles us after declining coverage, we had a customer dispute the purchase with his credit card company because his restricted firearm showed up fine but the original box was damaged so therefore he demanded a new gun to get a new box.
    In the end because of the waiver the arbitration was not successful, but we lost a customer. This is also not acceptable.

Problem solved, so now everything is insured and both the customer and IRUNGUNS are dilemma free.

Our shipping policies will not change but neither will our prices. Our prices in Canada are the same as they are in the U.S.
    We do not have the ability to offer free shipping or discounted shipping.

When one outsources a service there is a cost, we kindly ask that you remember that when ordering from anyone.

We hope this helps everyone understand our shipping policies and procedures.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  28.2 KB
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 06-24-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I usually have good experiences with CP, service is fairly prompt and the tracking info up to date. But now CP is charging $75 to ship a rifle from Alberta to BC so they should really be on top of their game.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I have ordered some stuff from another vendor based in the Toronto area, shipped Expedited on the 12th to Alberta. On the 21st it came up for air in fscking Ottawa. Wrong direction CP. From now on I am ordering ammo with anything so it will default to Canpar or UPS.

47 days and still waiting for my Red Ryder 75th anniversary edition.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BaBam View Post

I've never enquired about this with my previous orders, but IRG, can we choose to pay more and use UPS/Fedex?
    nope fedex doesn't ship firearms or parts, and why use ups they're much worse than CP.

I would however like to see the industry petition fedex to change that policy because they are by far the best.
    Last edited by Big-boss-man; 06-24-2020 at 10:21 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    nope fedex doesn't ship firearms or parts, and why use ups they're much worse than CP.

I would however like to see the industry petition fedex to change that policy because they are by far the best.
    I think they're afraid that if Tom Hanks had guns in that plane, and found monkeys, it wouldn't have been Cast Away it would've been Planet of the Apes.

Could be a smart move.

Courier delivery isn't any faster. Took 10 days from Richmond airport to victoria

I trust and have been paying more to have items shipped with Canpar vs canada post.
    Collector of WW2 German firearms