Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post late delivery refund

CGN Regular
    I've had 2 late express CP deliveries, got a refund for both. This was a couple of yrs ago. Have mailed 100s of packages and never lost one. Lately packages are taking 2-3 weeks longer and this is for regular mailing without signature but is all due to covid, fewer people sorting as explained by the postie. Also if signature is required it's much faster as it is auto sent to closest pickup PO since they are not allowed to ask for signature due to covid. I also use Canpar to ship ammo and so far no problems.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    Burlington Ontario. 183,000 residents.

Here's their local mail center: https://imgur.com/a/tE0SYOY

"Excuse" lol.
    Canada Post is loling themselves into oblivion. If it is not an “excuse” then what is it? Every other delivery service in Canada has been able to adapt. Yes there are delays and yes things are moving slower and everyone understands that. But are you telling me that Canada Post is somehow unique in their incredible increase in package volume? And if not that, why has CP alone been unable to even remotely estimate delivery dates? They’ve been at it the longest and have the largest infrastructure by far! Surely they should be well equipped to rise to these challenging times!!!

Canada Post, just like the CBC, has fallen from their once noble national relevance and become a parasite, unable to sustain itself on its own merits. As a previous poster noted, they are an archaic entity and their passing will be mourned only by those they employ. And that is honestly a shame but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Runningfool; 06-25-2020 at 09:49 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Lol ! Post a copy of the check...it will be a FIRST ever..
    Have your receipt with you, call the number and they will check the tracking, confirm that it still hasn't been delivered within the window and then a cheque is in the mailbox in 2 weeks. 3-4 times I've had to do it now and never got any grief. The sender has to do the call though.

I don't know why but recently my packages from Canada Post have been teleporting around the country. Ill get notified that my item will be delivered today but its still across the country. My orders from ontario usually take at least 3 stops before they reach me, but the tracking updates just don't come in. I get Covid is messing things up but why the tracking? It gets marked down that it arrived every time it goes to a new place so why not tell me that like usual. After like a week late it will just appear and my app for tracking will tell me it made all these different stops over the last few weeks that i would have liked to know about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidkjs1 View Post
    3 times they have took signature required packages of mine and left on my door step. One was an Ar 15 the other 2 were ammo orders worth well over $1000 each. I will avoid canpr at all costs. When they delivered my DB 15 they guy just came to my door and was sticking a notice on. I was home and opened the door. He never even wrang the bell the box was still in the truck. Just tried to put the notice on the door and leave

UPS decided they would just chuck a glock at my door. Not a single car in my driveway, went out and asked the driver "were you just gona leave that there?" "YUP"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan370 View Post
    I don't know why but recently my packages from Canada Post have been teleporting around the country. Ill get notified that my item will be delivered today but its still across the country. My orders from ontario usually take at least 3 stops before they reach me, but the tracking updates just don't come in. I get Covid is messing things up but why the tracking? It gets marked down that it arrived every time it goes to a new place so why not tell me that like usual. After like a week late it will just appear and my app for tracking will tell me it made all these different stops over the last few weeks that i would have liked to know about lol.
    Exactly. Last package I received all I got was “electronic information submitted by supplier” then 18 days later I get “notification card left at residence”. Check mailbox...nothing...notice card sent out with letter carrier later in the day. No delivery attempt at all...

I bought a rifle from Bullseye in London. Paid for it Saturday they shipped in on Monday. (Good job Bullseye. You guys rock) originally it was supposed to be delivered Tuesday by end of day. Right now (Thursday night) it is in Mississauga. I live in Kitchener. Why the hell is it in Mississauga??? They drove right past my house. And there is a sorting facility here too. Makes no sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by touch157 View Post
    I've had 2 late express CP deliveries, got a refund for both. This was a couple of yrs ago. Have mailed 100s of packages and never lost one. Lately packages are taking 2-3 weeks longer and this is for regular mailing without signature but is all due to covid, fewer people sorting as explained by the postie. Also if signature is required it's much faster as it is auto sent to closest pickup PO since they are not allowed to ask for signature due to covid. I also use Canpar to ship ammo and so far no problems.
    I am sorry but it is not what me and some of my friends are experiencing. 4-5 weeks delivery AND lost packages. This is not one off..it is widespread. What happen a few years ago is COMPLETLY irrelevant to what is happening in 2020. They do not give any refund for late or lost package unless they are insured and even then it take a minimum of 60 days.

Lucky you but this is not representative of what is going on for the last 3 months. They had (was on the news ) 250 - yes 250 trucks awaiting unloading and piling up in Montreal St Laurence distribution center.

Untold lost packages we're business had to reimburse their clients or replace the goods. Again this was on the news on many channels.

So stop that BS - «# it didn’t not happen to me#» stories. It does happen to others and on a wide scale.
    Last edited by Janeau; 06-25-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdbuckle View Post
    Exactly. Last package I received all I got was “electronic information submitted by supplier” then 18 days later I get “notification card left at residence”. Check mailbox...nothing...notice card sent out with letter carrier later in the day. No delivery attempt at all...
    very annoying indeed.

I work in logistics. Canada Post, FedEx and UPS have announced they will not honour delivery commitments or timelines so you are SOL.