Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post late delivery refund

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Group_Therapy View Post
    I work in logistics. Canada Post, FedEx and UPS have announced they will not honour delivery commitments or timelines so you are SOL.
    Not sure why so many can't understand the issue here. Canada Post has the right to not honour delivery commitments, which makes their service by default Regular Parcel. They simply cannot still continue advertising and selling services that they do not deliver:
    https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/bus...expedited.page
    https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/bus...presspost.page

Well, it's a moot point anyway, since IRG didn't answer my question, and I can't submit the request since I'm not the sender.

Canada Post as a company is terrible, their tracking system has to be the worst. I had two firearms shipped from Alberta to B.C. that disappeared for 2 weeks. No updates after being picked up,it took a call to customer service and informing them that they had two of my firearms that tracking stopped after being picked up. The employee showed real concern and I received a tracking update by the end of day that showed they had been sitting in Richmond for 10 days, two days later the supervisor of my local post office called me and had my parcel on his desk ready for pickup ! The employees went out of their way to help me, the system at the top needs fixing. With that said In that time I had 2 different parcels from 2 different carriers delivered both from Mainland China in under 7 days from time of ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Antlerking View Post
    Canada Post as a company is terrible, their tracking system has to be the worst. I had two firearms shipped from Alberta to B.C. that disappeared for 2 weeks. No updates after being picked up,it took a call to customer service and informing them that they had two of my firearms that tracking stopped after being picked up. The employee showed real concern and I received a tracking update by the end of day that showed they had been sitting in Richmond for 10 days, two days later the supervisor of my local post office called me and had my parcel on his desk ready for pickup ! The employees went out of their way to help me, the system at the top needs fixing. With that said In that time I had 2 different parcels from 2 different carriers delivered both from Mainland China in under 7 days from time of ordering.
    My wife ordered something from Amazon Japan. It only took roughly 2 days to arrive my door.

They should really stop using this lame excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Air2Air View Post
    Well, it's a moot point anyway, since IRG didn't answer my question, and I can't submit the request since I'm not the sender.
    I noticed that too. They answered something but definitely not your question. Danced around that one pretty well.

Unfortunately, it turns out CP CAN continue to sell that service as long as people keep buying it and nobody forces them to change. Doesn't appear anyone is going to hold them accountable for charging for a service they don't intend to meet. Makes zero sense to spend extra money on a delivery guarantee that isn't guaranteed to be met in these times. Yet, that's what the money IRUNGUNS collected from us went towards. Maybe regular parcel would have been just as expensive for them? Who knows.

At least they called them and got anyone who wants to fall for the scam in the near future a marginal 5 to 8% discount. Then explained some stuff about insurance to us which had nothing to do with the OP.

Thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    Burlington Ontario. 183,000 residents.

Here's their local mail center: https://imgur.com/a/tE0SYOY

"Excuse" lol.
    Okay? Hire more people. There's plenty of people looking for work and plenty of equipment up for lease.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mount Sweetness's Avatar
    During the pandemic there is no on time delivery guarantee.
    Last edited by Mount Sweetness; 06-27-2020 at 07:37 PM.

For Sale: 22 Hornet brass and dies.
    PM me please

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    UPS also has issues.
    I made an order through a big box store May 29th, shipped June 1st, was at my local distribution center June 2nd and displays in transit since then.
    Got UPS on the phone June 17th, gave them shyte when they told me to contact the store so that they could put a trace on it.
    Not the stores fault and not mine either.
    UPS simply refused to do anything about it.
    Called the store and they sent me out a new one.
    Sucks how stores, even big box stores, get screwed by couriers.
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

I am still waiting for a parts ordered from PartsAdvatar been weeks now. Also just checked on a item I shipped to Mexico back in April ...after it went for a ride to China and Back and now it is sitting in Mexico still not delivered yet. ...Aint Canada Post Great

Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    UPS also has issues.
    I made an order through a big box store May 29th, shipped June 1st, was at my local distribution center June 2nd and displays in transit since then.
    Got UPS on the phone June 17th, gave them shyte when they told me to contact the store so that they could put a trace on it.
    Not the stores fault and not mine either.
    UPS simply refused to do anything about it.
    Called the store and they sent me out a new one.
    Sucks how stores, even big box stores, get screwed by couriers.
    UPS has never been a reference..terrible service.

Uber Super GunNutz RoughneckRico's Avatar
    I ordered two parcels from amazon. They both shipped at teh same time but one with Canada Post the other UPS. THe Canada Post parcel took three weeks to arrive (which amazon indicated it would take 5 days with prime shipping) and the UPS package took 5 weeks (which amazon prime should ahve been 5 days also).

The following week I ordered a parcel from a retailer in Toronto. item took 6 weeks by Fedex, who lost the parcel initially. The retailer, then shipped me a replacement parcel via purolator, it arrived in 3 days. About a week later I then got he fedex parcel.

So far, Purolator and CanPar seem to be maintaining their service standards. SO my rating in order of shipping speed from best to worst Canada Post < UPS < FEDEX
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, CCFR, NFA, CTOA & NRA