Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post late delivery refund

Sent a parcel May 28th to Ontario from BC. Just arrived today June 23rd, after I started a service ticket #. It was misplaced for three weeks, once I complained it miraculously showed up 3-4 hours later.

Another parcel shipped from Quebec on Thursday last week, I received Monday this week. Three days from Quebec to the East Kootneys. Never can tell with CP during this pandemic. They advise parcels in numbers that double the Christmas load. Six foot social distancing does not help the process either.

I believe there are anti-firearm employees that deliberately damage or slow down the entire delivery process for kicks. There's very sick people in this world......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Super GunNutz

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    You are getting mad a a retailer for using the national post service to ship your package?
    Where did you see me being mad at IRG?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    And mad at a company that’s WORKING during a pandemic for being slow ? Sorry if their health and well being is more important than your frivolous.. it’s beyond common knowledge that there are huge delays how on earth are people still surprised in June lol

As for OP. There hasn’t been an on time guarantee OR a money back guarantee since FEBRUARY so at least get educated before whining.
    Perhaps, you need to brush up on your basic reading and comprehension skills before making comments?

The problem is not with Canada Post having delays. The problem is that they're charging premium prices for best effort service. It is a fairly basic concept that if you can't deliver the service you're charging for, you should only be charging for the service you can. There are consumer protection laws against such scams. I'm pretty sure that if I tell my boss that I will be working 1/10 of my normal productivity but want to be paid 100%, calling him a whiner if he disagrees won't go far. The attitude of calling valid complaints "whining" is why CP is such a sh1tshow with no accountability.
    Last edited by Air2Air; 06-24-2020 at 01:16 AM.

CGN Regular
    I have never had an issue with CP. I’ve been using them for about 4 years for tons of transaction firearms related. 87 to be exact. I think the longest I had something take to go cross country was 6 days (AB to NB) and that was over a weekend as well. The pricing isn’t ridiculous (UPS in almost always double the price for the 3 times I had to use them). Never had a damaged package from them and never have had a buyer complain that theirs was wrecked either.

I’ll keep using them. Best option I’ve found.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Sent a parcel May 28th to Ontario from BC. Just arrived today June 23rd, after I started a service ticket #. It was misplaced for three weeks, once I complained it miraculously showed up 3-4 hours later.
    this totally every package that has been CP when it didn't arrive at expected time I started complaint got it moving the next day to arrive with in 2 or 3 afterwards.

but OP is right, there is no reason to be paying "expedited" prices for "ground" service.

Quote Originally Posted by Air2Air View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if I tell my boss that I will be working 1/10 of my normal productivity but want to be paid 100%, calling him a whiner if he disagrees won't go far.
    Depends, are you a teacher?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    I have never had an issue with CP. I’ve been using them for about 4 years for tons of transaction firearms related. 87 to be exact. I think the longest I had something take to go cross country was 6 days (AB to NB) and that was over a weekend as well. The pricing isn’t ridiculous (UPS in almost always double the price for the 3 times I had to use them). Never had a damaged package from them and never have had a buyer complain that theirs was wrecked either.

I’ll keep using them. Best option I’ve found.
    I think it is the fact that IRG tacks insurance onto the shipping fee so it makes the price seem ridiculous. Many of us paid close to $60 to have a rifle shipped by Canada post from AB to ON for delivery service that so far has amounted to 15 days and counting at this point. Your experiences with CP aside, this is what the OP and others are speaking about.
    Last edited by Runningfool; 06-24-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    CP stopped offering the delay refund in march. They sent notice that the covid was causing delays and they can't respect delays anymore.
    I'm okay with them saying they can't "respect delays anymore". But I'm not okay with them continuing to charge for premium services & then not delivering on it. As Air2Air says below, they should not be charging for a service they can not deliver on.

Quote Originally Posted by Air2Air View Post
    The problem is not with Canada Post having delays. The problem is that they're charging premium prices for best effort service. It is a fairly basic concept that if you can't deliver the service you're charging for, you should only be charging for the service you can. There are consumer protection laws against such scams.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Canada Post has given me a heart attack three times during this pandemic.

If it’s late it’s late; they tell me to expect delays now when I send parcels. My last update on my IRG package was June 9th, which is still sitting at the Edmonton facility.

It took two months to send my rifle to DLASK. As long as they don’t lose it I’m okay I guess...
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6