Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post late delivery refund

Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    You are getting mad a a retailer for using the national post service to ship your package?
    He is getting frustrated with an archaic nationally owned delivery service that provides poor service. He is allowed to express it.

So UPS isn't an option? I have personally experienced price matching with them and discounts for volume retailers.

I don't know why people defend CP, they have lazy and entitled unionized employees, even though the franchise owners we interact with while shipping/picking up can be nice and efficient. The only shipping service that's worse is maybe Purolator.

I've never enquired about this with my previous orders, but IRG, can we choose to pay more and use UPS/Fedex?
    CCFR CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Air2Air View Post
    Hello IRG,

As many here, I'm extremely annoyed with Canada Post that continues charging insane prices without delivering the "service" we're paying for. Ideally, I think you should be reconsidering using them altogether, or at least adding options for competing services so that buyers have the opportunity to vote with their wallets. However, my main question is whether you would be willing to submit requests for refund for late delivery on our behalf. Unfortunately, CP will only accept such requests from the sender who has the receipt, so we can't do it ourselves. I hope you understand the frustration and accept some responsibility for locking your buyers to the service that looks more like a scam, and we can work something out.
    With Canada Post canceling on time guarantee, and letting people know about the delays in shipping. I think it would be hard press to get a refund from them.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

I tried to refund shipping last year when everything was operating normally shipped a package guaranteed priority shipping took 2 weeks to get there all they said was it was under reviee...... For over a year now

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthibaud View Post
    Depends, are you a teacher?
    Don't get me started on those leeches...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    With Canada Post canceling on time guarantee, and letting people know about the delays in shipping. I think it would be hard press to get a refund from them.
    The delays and canceling guarantees should have come with suspending premium services and pricing. And yeah, if you just give up after submitting a request, and don't escalate to consumer protection agencies that were set up for this exact reason, then you won't get anything.

Canada post is a #### show right now. They have suspended all delivery guarantees due to Covid. You wont get a refund.

Got an insured package lost since April 6th. Still under investigation and no sight on the insurance money.
    Good luck with a refund..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    I noticed a trend with help from friends who work for CP. Places where they have more union issues with management take 3 to 4 times longer. For example, Toronto to London takes anywhere between 2 to 3 weeks. However, if you are receiving something from BC where they avoid the Toronto area, you receive your package on the "Delivery Standard" date or a day before which is about 5 days. (standard post) It's a 2 hour drive from London to Toronto and multiple days to get from London to anywhere in BC. Lol! Figure that one??? Lol! Makes me want to drive to Toronto to pick up my own stuff. I have air in my SUV, why not? Lol!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

Ordered on May 29, CP picked up same day and sent tracking #
    Checked every day for weeks and no data other than in transit.
    Item was rec'd on June 19 - 3 weeks from New Brunswick to Ontario?
    No wonder the rates are so high, they must have walked it here.
    Pete