Thread: 10.1 inch VZ61 barrels for non res skorpions?

10.1 inch VZ61 barrels for non res skorpions?

Hello, I've been looking at the VZ61 market here in Canada, and in particular the 22lr version. It's a shame that these are only available in restricted configuration, and it seems to me that if the stock were pinned and an extra 143mm(5.6") of barrel was added, these would meet the 660mm oal requirement for NR status. Please let me know if I'm off base here. But OAL with stock extended is 517mm (with factory 115mm barrel), so adding 143mm to the barrel for an overall barrel length of 258mm (10.16") and pinning the stock should do it.

I imagine a lot of people would be interested in something like this, maybe with a barrel shroud or elongated / modernized upper or something as well.

Anyway just a thought, and I figure if anyone can do it, it's Dlask. Also, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, I couldn't find a way to DM you here on CGN. Just go ahead and remove this post if it doesn't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_e View Post
    Hello, I've been looking at the VZ61 market here in Canada, and in particular the 22lr version. It's a shame that these are only available in restricted configuration, and it seems to me that if the stock were pinned and an extra 143mm(5.6") of barrel was added, these would meet the 660mm oal requirement for NR status. Please let me know if I'm off base here. But OAL with stock extended is 517mm (with factory 115mm barrel), so adding 143mm to the barrel for an overall barrel length of 258mm (10.16") and pinning the stock should do it.

I imagine a lot of people would be interested in something like this, maybe with a barrel shroud or elongated / modernized upper or something as well.

Anyway just a thought, and I figure if anyone can do it, it's Dlask. Also, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, I couldn't find a way to DM you here on CGN. Just go ahead and remove this post if it doesn't belong here.
    Hi Nick,

Good idea but unfortunately at this time we just don't have the time for any new projects, sorry.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Totally, thanks for the response. Maybe one day, you can count me in if you do!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    You guys still too busy for this? Or figure you'll run into issues with the lab? I would trade my .380 for a .22lr in a heartbeat to do this. Would look so slick with a barrel shroud and new fixed stock.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

I’d buy it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Are these guys registered as rifles or handguns?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Restricted rifles which is why rimfire is 20 round mag and centerfire is 5 rounds mag. Also dlask I'd be interested if it ever came up
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal