Real Avid Scope Level Reticle Alignment

P of PDent

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
We just finally received this tool that I first saw at the last Shot Show (2020). These have been on back order for several months and we just received a small shipment from Real Avid. In my opinion this is the best and easiest reticle leveler I have ever found and will be using it from now on when we mount customers (and our own) scopes. It levels the reticle and not the turret as more often than you would think the reticle is not square with the body and turrets even in higher end optics. $89. Phil.

interesting, i've always used scope and receiver levels and never had an issue. But then again I don't shoot at super long distances

It's a good idea to check the reticle against a known vertical plumb line or horizontal level line after it's mounted, but I would think that the mechanical adjustment of the elevation and windage will be aligned with the turrets and if the reticle is not aligned with the mechanical adjustment that the margin for error would still be present if your using the turrets to adjust for elevation. It would be better thought I guess if your using the reticle for elevation holds.

I think If I levelled the turrets to the receiver and I noticed that the reticle was obviously twisted..... I'd replace the scope with one that was more in tune.

I could see a jig similar to this being useful at the factory level for quality control.... specially on higher end optics.

Back
Top Bottom