Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: JUDICIAL REVIEW of OIC and Coalition for gun control

BANNED
    WTF.....I had to look this up, Well all she has done has "applied" this does not mean she will be approved for intervener status.

Intervener:

Someone not originally a party to judicial review proceedings who by order of the court is given status to participate in the proceedings either as a full party or with more limited rights.

A third party permitted by a court to make arguments in a case. Interveners are sometimes referred to as "friends of the court" (amicus curiae), or as public interest advocates. Frequent interveners in Canada include the Women's Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) and the Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA).

Quote Originally Posted by armycat View Post
    Donations are still paused. Any chance an account could be set up with auto deposit that we could send EMTs to?

The intervener thing is BS. Once the donation thing is sorted out I will flood what little social media I have to try to generate more donations.
    Yes we will work on that ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by peterem View Post
    Does this mean that you can subpoena all and I mean ALL of their documentation, right down to who is funding them, how much & did they provide the list of 1,500 firearms for the OIC? publish every thing..... As I see it, their heavy handedness is what has brought us to this situation.

If its an opportunity to counter punch maybe we can find illegalities in their lobby activity/s
    I can assure you we will be looking into this, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by reefer View Post
    I thought I read that Alberta was applying for intervenor status in JR’s action
    This is also what Kenney said in his press release.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Interesting.

Seems someone's nose has been "tweaked".
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cica View Post
    here is the ling for definition of Intervener. Looks like they want to derail the effort.

https://www1.canada.ca/en/sst/rdl/chairguidad10.html
    For example, intervention is widely used by specialized organizations and advocacy groups to present submissions before courts and tribunals on issues of public interest within their expertise.
    and what expertise is that? lies and obfuscation? I am pretty sure that the government has that handled.

but just because they applied does not mean they will be granted. If they are granted that is actually great because they can be examined and have to provide disclosure. I will also suggest (if they are accepted) that your side contact
    Caillin Langmann to their rhetoric out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Maybe some Provincial Wildlife Federations should look into intervening? Can Proviincial Government's interven ?

Maybe this is the time when gun owners could really make their voice heard by contacting your local organizations ?
    100% the more the merrier on our side make the 4 Karens spend their government pension on this one.

Edit: I would also like to point out

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...S-here-s-proof

this has got to be the reason they are trying to "Bully" Mr. Hipwell, they have read his posts and understand he is doing this on his own with his pension and a go fund me, all the more reason to ensure this B!tch gets fully funded, take those Karens down a few pegs.
    Last edited by Big-boss-man; 06-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 01-13-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Once the donations are back up, you'll be getting a donation from myself. This nonsense needs to stop.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Clearly they plan on tying up court time with emotional appeals. This will cost you the private citizen as they waste time and your lawyer continues to bill you. It’s likely designed to air more emotional BS while trying to punish you financially.
    After they get whipped in Court by our lawyers and the judge, the expense wont be that important anymore...
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlieren View Post
    "An intervener is a person or organization who does not have a direct interest in a particular court or tribunal proceeding"

Uggh yeah. It would be surprising if this application is successful.
    They get money from the govt...how could they not have a direct interest in this?

https://thegunblog.ca/2017/04/15/we-...-2002-hoplite/