Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: JUDICIAL REVIEW of OIC and Coalition for gun control

They're likely trying to bog you down to try make you go broke. Do you know who the judge is and what they are like with firearms? It'll be just like the crown to shop this around to an anti gun bench.

EMT sent. Thank you for doing this.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We have set up Auto Deposit for EMT donations to the Judicial Review Challenge. No password is required for auto deposit.

EMTs are to be sent to: johnandpat@wolverinesupplies.com
    Hello Mr.Wolverine, is there a running total for the EMT contributions?

And thank you for shouldering this heavy lifting for our community.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Any group feeling they have a vested stake in the outcome of the case who are not directly involved can apply for Intervenor status. If their status is approved, they will file a brief to the court and will be heard in arguments for five minutes. The judge can approve, deny or approve with conditions.

The court hears facts, not sob stories. We all know what the stats have to say regarding crimes committed using the legally owned firearms listed in Trudeau's bans, so other than this group rehashing what happened in Quebec and insisting that history will repeat itself over and over if licensed owners are permitted access to any firearm they choose to make up fantasy information about. My sense is that they want exposure to their cause by being party to the precedings and will create a media circus out of the event to take the credit if things go their way, or be given a platform of they don't.

Your lawyer will no doubt argue that the opposition is already represented adequately in opposing any groups applying that oppose your application. Which way the judge will lean will be interesting for sure. Let's just hope he/she isn't a ladder climbing opportunist who wants to appear on Trudeau's radar!
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by tbloggins View Post
    They're likely trying to bog you down to try make you go broke. Do you know who the judge is and what they are like with firearms? It'll be just like the crown to shop this around to an anti gun bench.
    One group won't bog anything down. Judges aren't very big fans of lobbyists intervening, as they will smear the judge's name through the mud if things don't go their way. The lawyer filing a motion to oppose the group's application is about all the extra work that ups the tab for representation. Hopefully the lawyer comes up with a convincing argument to exclude any group that seeks the opportunity to gain the public's ear to elevate their agendas.
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

The Go Fund Me is just over $60K and I have already paid $10K from my own pocket and with the approx $30K donated by cash and cheque we are at approx $100K. This will cover the first round.

If we have to take it to the supreme court, it will cost between $600K and one million so we have a long road ahead of us.

Just chipped in a bit more.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The Go Fund Me is just over $60K and I have already paid $10K from my own pocket and with the approx $30K donated by cash and cheque we are at approx $100K. This will cover the first round.

If we have to take it to the supreme court, it will cost between $600K and one million so we have a long road ahead of us.
    This is why Kanada is an unjust nation and most definitely not free.
    Thank you for leading the way against tyranny, I will keep on supporting this effort as best I can.
    Fellow Freedom lovers we cannot let this fail.
    Also defund the opposition, STOP PAYING TAXES.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Donated again

Just chipped in.