Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T1X Chassis now available

r34shyline

When Tikka originally released the T1X they said it would be a drop in to any T3/T3x stock. This is true if it was a factory Tikka stock. For all other manufactures of aftermarket stock/chassis it was not the case. The reason being is the T1X has an attached mag well that need additional clearance between the chassis trigger well and mag well. The amount of material that needs to be removed to accommodate the TIX is not detrimental to the bedding area for the T3/T3X thus you will be able to drop a T3 back into the same chassis. The only additional part you will need is a second bottom metal to accept the AICS or CTR mag. The reason being is we added additional clearance on the sides for the T1X mag to drop free.

One other addition we did for the TIX is a "feed block" behind the mag to help with finding the attached mag well. Will get some pictures/video up of this when I get a chance.

Regards,
    Ryan

I want one of these for my .17 HMR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex Defence View Post
    r34shyline

When Tikka originally released the T1X they said it would be a drop in to any T3/T3x stock. This is true if it was a factory Tikka stock. For all other manufactures of aftermarket stock/chassis it was not the case. The reason being is the T1X has an attached mag well that need additional clearance between the chassis trigger well and mag well. The amount of material that needs to be removed to accommodate the TIX is not detrimental to the bedding area for the T3/T3X thus you will be able to drop a T3 back into the same chassis. The only additional part you will need is a second bottom metal to accept the AICS or CTR mag. The reason being is we added additional clearance on the sides for the T1X mag to drop free.

One other addition we did for the TIX is a "feed block" behind the mag to help with finding the attached mag well. Will get some pictures/video up of this when I get a chance.

Regards,
    Ryan
    So then the old field strike for the tikka t3/t3x s/a chassis tikka mag will not work on a t1x without modifying it.

"REDBEARD"
    Super Moderator
    Love mine it is a must have imho!Name:  DF8C45FE-1D17-493A-A1A8-72053AB551A7.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  111.2 KB
    Sponsored Shooter PRS,3gun,IPSC Dog loving sumabiatch

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Love mine it is a must have imho!Name:  DF8C45FE-1D17-493A-A1A8-72053AB551A7.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  111.2 KB
    Nice!
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Is there going to be a dual strike style chassis available for the T1X by any chance? It looks about the closes option to a kraken from what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Is there going to be a dual strike style chassis available for the T1X by any chance? It looks about the closes option to a kraken from what I'm seeing.
    Hello Sir,

Thanks for your question.

It's very unlikely that we'll ever produce a FDual Strike for the Tikka T1X. Your closest match would be a Lite Strike for Tikka T1X 22LR.

Take care
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Will this chassis fit a T1X in 17 HMR?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNiner View Post
    Will this chassis fit a T1X in 17 HMR?
    This is hard to say. We never tried it and we cannot guarantee a perfect fit. The magazine size is different than the standard .22, so we are not sure if the magwell will be too small. If you know the exact size of your magazine and if the placement is the exact same, you could let me know and I will look with our R&D department to see if it would fit.
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

I don't have the 17hmr yet... was thinking of getting the T1X in that calibler and wanted to know if I could put it in your chassis. I'll try and find some measurements.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast