Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: And another legal action is filed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    While reading the application to the courts, I noticed that they left out the CZ Scorpion as a firearm that needs to be re-classified back to its original status. ???? I think they hit all of the others though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I find this one more interesting than the others. Some applications are kinda of contrarian (for example 11 and 12), but that's not what's important.

Application 13 and 14 are the most interesting to me. Should a judge issue a judgment that AR15s are reasonable for hunting in Canada (I doubt it will happen, but it's a possibility), it would open the door to more or less force CFOs to issue ATTs for hunting with AR15s. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of getting them declared NR (the applicants almost readily admit that with application 15), as it would actually need a whole legislative change, because AR15s are restricted by law, not by OIC, but a declaration that they are suitable for hunting would open the door to another contestation, one that would force CFOs (and the rcmp in non-cfo provinces) to issue ATTs for hunting purposes with AR15s.

I also like how it throws a whole wrench into the FRT system. I would love an actual judgment declaring that the FRT is not a legal instrument. The reach of something like that is much beyond this OIC. It would encompass a bunch of stuff like 10/22 butler creek magazines.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Looks good, Concise and doesn't dance around the fundamentals.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    While reading the application to the courts, I noticed that they left out the CZ Scorpion as a firearm that needs to be re-classified back to its original status. ???? I think they hit all of the others though.
    It’s based on what we the applicants own ourselves, or are willig to disclose for the sale of the case. But I don’t own a modern sporter it fell in a lake.

Would have been nice to have more people join but what do I know?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I find this one more interesting than the others. Some applications are kinda of contrarian (for example 11 and 12), but that's not what's important.

Application 13 and 14 are the most interesting to me. Should a judge issue a judgment that AR15s are reasonable for hunting in Canada (I doubt it will happen, but it's a possibility), it would open the door to more or less force CFOs to issue ATTs for hunting with AR15s. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of getting them declared NR (the applicants almost readily admit that with application 15), as it would actually need a whole legislative change, because AR15s are restricted by law, not by OIC, but a declaration that they are suitable for hunting would open the door to another contestation, one that would force CFOs (and the rcmp in non-cfo provinces) to issue ATTs for hunting purposes with AR15s.

I also like how it throws a whole wrench into the FRT system. I would love an actual judgment declaring that the FRT is not a legal instrument. The reach of something like that is much beyond this OIC. It would encompass a bunch of stuff like 10/22 butler creek magazines.
    This is what should have been challenged when the government first classified AR15s as restricted.

I believe the government is going to have a hard time explaining why it is in their opinion that an AR15 is not suitable for hunting or sport shooting. Especially when there are piles of evidence that the AR15 platform is suitable for both.

I hope that this OIC becomes the biggest blunder in the Liberal governments history. Imagine having the OIC reversed, AR15s reclassified as non restricted, and the RCMP have their hands slapped.

117.5 of the Criminal Code could end up being the Liberals worst nightmare.

CGN Regular
    All the best guys! Happy to support your cause as well.

Do we have an official count on cases filed?

CGN Regular
    Ya know, the OIC is honestly so bad I've floated the theory they purposefully made it an abysmal failure and easy to defeat. If they can't do more than "thoughts and prayers" with the current legislation via OIC, because of the evil gun lobby, then they'll make the argument that they have to completely replace the firearms act and try to ban all semi autos at the same time

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    TY for posting alberta tactical rifle, I was waiting for more info on this initiative and now that they have filed, I just made a donation.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Good luck guys!!!
    Don't miss... I won't...

Thanks for your efforts.
    Donation given.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast