Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger 1911 used - offers??? Motivated seller

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Not trying to diss the business or seller but these go for 700$ MAX on EE and that's still high and could sit for a while, fast sale would be 550/600$ shipped and insured
    Agreed. I actually thought this was a joke when I saw it. $1100 for this used? I figured there is no way this is real. Free market and all that but the fact that asking price wasn't a joke would make me never want to look at their used guns again.

Business Member
    This firearm and accessories sold for $900.
    When a firearm is brought in for consignment we let the customer set the price parameters. Some start out very high and will give up some of the value for a decent offer. We had over 100 offers on this firearm. Most were around $700. We had four offers between $850 and $950. The $950 would have had us wait for the purchaser to get his RPAL. The seller let the package go for $900 with an immediate sale.
    If you see a used firearm on our site and want to make an offer you can email me at ramon@wolverinegt.ca
    Please only make serious offers.

Quote Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
    Agreed. I actually thought this was a joke when I saw it. $1100 for this used? I figured there is no way this is real. Free market and all that but the fact that asking price wasn't a joke would make me never want to look at their used guns again.
    This x100.

It has been a continual trend with Wolverine GT to have 2nd hand guns that are priced almost the same or some times more than what it would be brand new. I never even bother to look at them anymore.

It's one thing if you want to do consignments, but make the customer aware of what a fair asking value is. I fully get listing something higher than you expect to sell it for, so you get your target price, but this was nuts. Same thing with the M&P 1.0 you guys had for sale a year or so ago. Almost brand new pricing on a used last gen gun.

If someone wants to sell something and they are open to offers, send them to this website to list it or another site like gunpost. You can avoid the bad kind of spotlight that way and not push people away from your 2nd hand inventory or the store all together.

I'm sure that person feels like they got a great deal and I hope they enjoy their purchase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123