Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: King of the Canadian Boogaloo....

Its gonna be great when CPC wins next election and idles the CBC, starting with reporters and editors of “stories” like that.

BS references to USA situation getting people to believe thats in Canada.

Think we’ll keep CBC radio though.

Everyone mentioning how many people take the CBC verbatim are bang on. It’s frustrating to hear people recite what are essentially opinion pieces as factual information. I don’t know what the next generation will bring, but hopefully the CBC has been defunded by then.

Quote Originally Posted by msal View Post
    While it's unfortunate that such a small fringe of unstable people are being used to represent the lot of us, it does fall on us to make sure we do what we can to properly educate others, represent the sport as professionally as possible, point out bad actors, etc.
    That's what the press has already been doing anyway. Have you not noticed?
    We are tried and convicted by the press because we use firearms peacefully.
    We are against all the violence that our government permits the gangs to continue to engage in while stripping us of legal guns.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

The Canadian right, for most cases, is the US moderate. We don't have the 2nd A to protect us. We also don't have the numbers. Canadians, for most part, won't tolerate civilians "dressed up" in military gear flashing a weopan. To me, if you like to do it, dont take pictures and post them. It feeds the liberals and in most cases, the moderates and the rest of the regular sportsmen and shooters suffer the wrath.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

I know a lot of people think this is funny! But it really isn’t at all. Media spin is all the turd has been doing since the pandemic started

JR You should really think about filing a complaint with the CBC ombudsman about the bias in the reporting of this article! The CBC has already labelled you with the possibly racist, right wing firearms movement in the states and because it said it on Canadian media a lot of old Canadians and young Canadians not in the know will tend to believe that garbage! If we are going to put groups on notice that we won’t be pushed around anymore this would be a good time to push back bring their name to the forefront of biased reporting and spreading half truths and outright lies. They have no fear in not reporting the truth as their benefactors prefer the bias.

I find this type of abuse in any form of media put out to the Canadian public very offensive and it’s a great way for the left to expand the distrust or outright hatred towards the firearms community in the unknowing public of Canada. In the same way a group of firearms owners or a firearms organization should file a lawsuit against Wendy C. about how licensed gun owners that go to the range are more efficient murderers! That is just defamation and slander plain and simple and she should be held to account for that as well. Maybe a lawsuit directed at her would be a good idea at this time for attacking legal gun owners!

Media spin is all the turd has been doing since the pandemic started
    My neighbour, who is also a good friend, a retired school teacher and a die hard Conservative asked my about this boogaloo sh*te.

Even he was almost swayed into believing until he spoke to me.

Media spin in 2020 is almost as good as 1930's Germany's Grand Master of spin, Joseph Goebbels.

Not to be taken lightly!!!!
    cigar_man (The Original)

CDN Forces (Army) 1985-90

www.garths.ca

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    I know a lot of people think this is funny! But it really isn’t at all. Media spin is all the turd has been doing since the pandemic started

JR You should really think about filing a complaint with the CBC ombudsman about the bias in the reporting of this article! ....That is just defamation and slander plain and simple and she should be held to account for that as well. Maybe a lawsuit directed at her would be a good idea at this time for attacking legal gun owners!
    Already on it...
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    The Canadian right, for most cases, is the US moderate. We don't have the 2nd A to protect us. We also don't have the numbers. Canadians, for most part, won't tolerate civilians "dressed up" in military gear flashing a weopan. To me, if you like to do it, dont take pictures and post them. It feeds the liberals and in most cases, the moderates and the rest of the regular sportsmen and shooters suffer the wrath.
    The problem with your suggestion clearly leaps out to me as self-censorship and a pathway towards the creation of shameful behaviour programming; this results in a weakened individual and culture. I would propose instead using tact and humour to establish our beliefs openly and proudly. This does not include breaking any laws, or being aggressive or violent in any way - excepting targets downrange of course in the lawful pursuit of likes and updoots. The only way to fight back against this sort of oppression is by standing firmly against the tyranny that lurks beneath it. Stop doubting yourself or your validity; morality is subjective and therefore their opinions are only worth as much weight that you care to give them.

Myself, I am a veteran who has only recently come to the realization that I have any self-worth. I see the farce that is occurring, and my cultural background demands that I do something about it. Never Pass A Fault. Well, my crazy CGNers, we have ourselves a whole mess of faults happening; and it seems 2020 is the year that it's all going to come to a head. Whatever happens in the US will follow us here, so there is no avoiding it. What are we supposed to do? Well, I am surprised and delighted at how the firearms community has been gathering together this year, incidentally forming a larger cultural group, to let the rest of our fellow citizens know that we exist and that we are not going away - period. Follow the leaders who speak reason and take up positions of leadership yourself. I have sat in my stupor of fear for long enough, so now I will face it with resolve and respond.

The rot is deep ladies and gentlemen, and it won't likely be cured while we are alive; yet this does not mean we can't do our damnedest to sort it out!

I can't really tell you, or anyone else for that matter what to do, for that would be foolishness. Instead I will put forth a challenge to any who wish to do something and are unsure of how to beyond the means this community has already impressively made steps towards: learn something, build something, and teach something. How? If you're not a leader, read a book and learn how to become one - I'll suggest Jocko Willink's "Extreme Ownership" as I just finished that one and it reads pretty well. Figure out what you are good at, what you might want to be good at, and pursue the hell out of it. Support your friends and family who are doing the same. Take some responsibility. I will be the first to admit that I shirked more than my fair share of responsibility in the past; I was a corporal for six years! I can't change all the bad or dumb stuff I did in the past, but I can take ownership of it, process it, and move into a better version of myself. I've been lurking on this forum for years now, and I see a lot of broken people out there that only want to point the finger - I used to so I have a smell for it you see. There are also a lot of people here who demonstrate virtue and proper behaviour, I would suggest you look to them for guidance. Don't compare yourself to another person, look inward instead. Once you start taking responsibility you will see what I mean.

If you already understand and don't need to hear me lecture, that's great! Help others who don't, and avoid the ad hominem angles of attack - no matter how tempting and open they may be. Be a better person if you can manage the task, for it is not an easy one; try nonetheless. If that person is you, keep on going, you're the sort of person whom I admire.

What am I doing? I have only recently released from the CAF, and I struggle with the ptsd, so I am new to the civilian world again. I am developing my skills as a writer, but that is for me. For my community; I have the plan, and more importantly the spousal approval, to buy some land and build a range. I have some lofty plans for future expansion that includes a school, but for now it is a range. I am looking for land in the Belleville, Ontario area if anyone here is interested in helping or knows of a way to help. I would greatly appreciate it! Initial plans are for basic 25m pistol/rifle, 50m shotgun, and 100m rifle to start so I can get people access to a range. I can't even get on the waiting list for the range in my area and I'm sick of it - so I'll build one my damn self. I would also like to dedicate a range to 3-gun for the sporter community, as well as jungle lanes, live-fire rooms, and a CQB village eventually. I plan on building it myself with a few friends and family, so it may take some time. If I only have bolt-actions to operate by then, I'll be developing doctrine around it's use. I understand from other threads on this site that it will be a difficult process, much like buying a firearm, transporting one, and so on. Oh well, looks like I'll have to investigate how to irritate small government until I get to do what I am legally entitled to do, and if anyone disagrees about entitlement, I'll firmly point you to the Charter. If that doesn't do it for you, then I take my authority as a person. Disagree with that? Good, sounds like a fight.

To Saskdude99: I don't mean to address much of this at you, but my initial response to you inspired me to share as an example of what I am trying to do. I'll agree preemptively that there are some bad apples out there that may poison some of that narrative, but I would argue that you cannot control that beyond good moral policing - and I don't mean what the rioters and ideologues are attempting to do, rather I refer to how a good parent or friend might caution someone they love not to do something clearly stupid. We all get emotional, which is fine, so long as we can exert our own control and influence. I do understand that such negative outliers or trends could seriously damage the credibility of Canadian firearms owners, but that is someone's view that you cannot control; so exert influence where you can and demonstrate the opposite of such unhealthy behaviours to your culture. The legal firearms owner in Canada is made up of a complex range of demographics, so be yourself in the umbrella dude, and worry about being yourself. Other people's negativity is guaranteed at this point, the majority of Canadians would be happy if all the guns were gone. Can't change that really. All they can really do is whine at you. If you lose your job, you are probably better off somewhere that doesn't sell you out to the wolves. It also sets you up for a juicy lawsuit for wrongful dismissal. There is a path to victory for firearms owners in all this chaos, but it requires dedication and a whole swarm of individuals with different perspectives. I bet you are one of them.

To conclude: Our culture is evolving into something new, so this is the time to take pictures and videos, to speak about firearms and the laws surrounding them to those who are misinformed or ignorant on the matter. Be proud of your culture, or don't - I don't care. I will though, and I plan on building something in spite of all their attempts to tear it all down. No thank you, I'm going to practice my culture until I die - the hill has been marked. Be a responsible, law-abiding citizen and demonstrate upstanding behaviour to the group-thinkers populating our society. Show them how to be better by being better. That's it. Thank you for your time for any who read this. Anyone who wants to help build another range in the Belleville area, shoot me a PM. Have a great week of freedom everybody!
    Last edited by shadowhunterbob; 07-03-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling errors forever haunt me!

Think that the liberals are worried or scared of citizens that will not comply to their agenda. Its like we are now labeled borderline extremist if we disagree with them.

Try this link instead.... lol... hilarious!
    www.fortheboogaloo.ca
    I orderd a sticker for my rifle.