Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: King of the Canadian Boogaloo....

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan024 View Post
    The amount of "western separation" and "Canada sucks" talk going on at job sites and the office is simply staggering. This country is in real trouble and I don't know how it could be fixed. Those of you saying canada is great have a very nice pair of rose tinted goggles on. My grandfather did not fight in ww2 to have the police defunded, lazy people collecting cerb that don't deserve it and sjw blocking pipelines and trains.
    Well said !

Since 2015, there has been a growing tension and it can be fell without too much effort. Canada is great in many ways, but politically and socially, its going down the drain very fast and we cannot seem to hit the bottom...

The next decade is going to be very interesting and it won’t be in favor of SJWs and the type of people that screams and cry to get their way.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by aecmcfarlane View Post
    Listen guys, there's a lot of people on here who have got to pull their heads out of their derrieres. We may not think our government is perfect, but it's a long way from being oppressive. Yes, I know that we don't like the OIC and the gun laws, but that's not enough to whine and complain that they're out to get us and go on about democracy (actually, given the polls, democracy doesn't help us on the OIC front, ok?) We live in a free country that most of the rest of the world can only look at with envy. I'm not interested in all of this tin-foil hat crap about the main-stream media this and the conspiracy of that - I'm from Northern Ontario and I know bull#### when I see it (and can also think for myself) and all of this malarkey I see on here is getting on my nerves. Give your balls a tug and start looking around you - we live in a damned good place and all of us can have a say in how it is run. If you don't like it, tell your MP, tell your friends, write op-eds (pay attention to your grammar!), make a difference - that is how democracy works, not by some pathetic middle-aged white guys howling from their basements with anonymous handles. Get involved! Talk to people! And if our ideas don't win out, then accept it - because ultimately that is what our grandfathers and great-uncles fought for 75 years ago. And shame on anyone who thinks differently - they're not real Canadians.
    We live in a good country FOR NOW, i think most of us want to PREVENT what weve seen in past history with other countries. Theres alot of similarities going on right now look at Venezuela, i definitely dont want that here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Canada is quickly becoming a shythole. Nobody needs to play the apologist for it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Canada is quickly becoming a shythole. Nobody needs to play the apologist for it.
    Quickly! And its sad

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The CBC is watched by 3% of Canadians: h ttps://cbcexposed.b logspot.com/2020/06/cbc-watched-by-only-3-of-canadians.html

It should be defunded.

Cheers
    Jay
    Agree 100%

The Liberals mantra from the time of the turds father and maybe earlier has been screw the west, we’ll win the rest! He’s the one I believe that set up the equalization among provinces to take wealth from the west and distribute it amongst the eastern provinces that support their handout way of government and don’t have enough resources or good jobs to support their populations. Why do you think auto makers that should have gone out of business got billions in government bailouts ( our tax dollars )
    Justin lied about election reform but make no mistake, if they followed through with it, they realize that they lose the east’s voting power and will not be elected again until the conservatives really mess up like balancing a budget or making people who can work, work and turn off the handouts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    macfarlane- I agree with your points- mostly-
    and with others.

It is amazing that the media- including of course CBC- paints anyone not Liberal as being radical right out to destroy the system when in fact its the radical left who is seeking that. Most of us on this site say the system in better than most, and not in need of destruction at all, but rather a more democratic function and allocation of resources, responsibilities and determination of the country's direction

We CAN do that through elections.
    Sadly- the problem as I see it- is that the majority of citizens have stopped thinking and analysing what's going on. Either this is because life has become too fast paced and stressful to take the time for reflective analysis and thought, or because they've been programmed by what has become a leftist university system, where marginal views get very prominent play...just look at some of the courses!!
    The media plays a role because it too -with retirements- is populated by younger people who are products of the now biased system and critical thought can get you blasted on social media. Psychologically that's hard to take, some have been driven to suicide by social media attacks.

Leftist and attacking anyone not "left" or SJW is both popular and easy, Defund the police? Give the money to social programmes? I mean how stupid can you get? When you get mugged, raped, or your store, house invaded and robbed...you're going to call....the social welfare woman? Seriously? Yet we're painted as "radicals" and "alt right" (whatever that means) as is anyone who holds a different, even slightly different opinion.

Is Canada great? Well, I would say it 'was", it's still OK, but IMHO we are slowly going downhill with people who care not at all about the country, being 'Canadian", its history and heritage (seldom taught in school, if at all anymore) and that includes a PM who says the country has no identity, its a post-national state, and who admires dictatorships..

Sigh..I will continue to gently express my opinions on the leadership and direction of this country to others in the hope that it may inspire them to look a little deeper past the surface reporting and stories.
    I do not want the govt to keep me "safe".
    Nothing was ever achieved by being "safe". Nothing built, discovered, invented, or created by being "safe".
    When Trudeau says he wants to keep us safe, he's saying he wants to keep us down

Quote Originally Posted by aecmcfarlane View Post
    "Our oppressors"? Holy geez guy, give your balls a tug! Go and spend some time in China or Russia and then come back and whine about "our oppressors" (if they let you)!
    So because our government doesn’t lock up millions of Muslims for their religious beliefs or give people life sentences for protesting the tyranny of their government means that Canada needs to meet those requirements before we can call our government oppressive? Do you not think that the compelled speech Trudeau wants us to use in reference to someone’s “pronouns” is oppressive? I would say that not allowing another person to call you what they believe you are is oppressive. This OIC and all previous bans or limitations to what I may purchase are oppressive. The fact that the government takes my income without my consent is oppressive.

I’m not whining about the government not paying for my healthcare or my education or not bringing in enough migrants from some dump of a country. What I’m doing is voicing my concern towards a government that has no respect for its citizens and continues to operate in a way that only benefits those in power. The idea of government is purely oppressive because having a government implies that one human has a right to control any other number of humans.

The ranting and name calling is exactly what the anti gun folk hold up as the example of the “unhinged gun toting right” If we want things to change, then we need to be responsible and reasonable in our discourse. We need to educate non firearms people to the legitimate aspects of gun ownership. We need to depoliticize the issue and sway public opinion. We don’t do that by slagging off the vast portion of our country who don’t understand firearms and, because of that, don’t support us.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 604Rob View Post
    The ranting and name calling is exactly what the anti gun folk hold up as the example of the “unhinged gun toting right” If we want things to change, then we need to be responsible and reasonable in our discourse. We need to educate non firearms people to the legitimate aspects of gun ownership. We need to depoliticize the issue and sway public opinion. We don’t do that by slagging off the vast portion of our country who don’t understand firearms and, because of that, don’t support us.
    I've been branded a more efficient killer because I'm licensed.

The 3 Karen's can gfts.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.